Friday, December 02, 2005

Grupo Fantasma

Ok, so I sit here typing this post feeling extremely tired and w/o all of my brain cells functioning properly. Luckily, there are no cute single boys at my work because I look like death...greasy hair, no make-up, blood shot eyes. You get the picture. So it must have been a good night! One of those where you look at your phone call logs and text messages to figure out what time you went to sleep. Thank goodness I didn't hear the phone ring at 2:24am or I would have been pissed. Wait a minute, or would I have? It was one of my fun softball buddies that I ditched in order to go to the concert....

Anyway, so where did it all begin.....
Trojan Whore and I headed over to Brownie's house since he offered to be the DD. The girls did a Jager shot, listened to some Grupo to get us prepped and we were off for Ruta Maya. Once Brownie finally found the place we grabbed a good table and continued the festitivites. For a while it was Brownie and his harem [Trojan, Just Nicolle, Squeeky Cheeks and myself]. Finally, Lewis & Cock showed up.

The opening band was called something like the Flying Saucers. [Ok, so they're called the Flying Club] Pretty damn good. The lead singer has a voice that sounds like a mixture between Sade and Natalie Merchant. [Good call on that one Trojan.] Here we are acting like groupies with her. We even signed up on their mailing list so we can go to their next show.



The headliner was a band I've been wanting to see for some time now. They were at the ACL Festival this summer but played against Thievery Corporation, who is from out of state. I opted to see them perform rather than Grupo. Anyway, Grupo Fantasma rocked last night!
Once they hit the stage, Ruta Maya came alive. Many fun songs, dancing, many, many beers later, and it was time to go home. Hope Brownie was able to fall asleep after all the coffee he drank!

Click the link to see the rest of the pictures because I got a pop-up message from the IT department saying I was uploading items against my work's policy!

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AatWTVs3bs1Fk4

On On to my bed in T minus 3 1/2 hours!

21 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

what link where???

December 02, 2005 1:41 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

That's right! I knew it was Flying Something. You'd think I would remember since I even yelled out that question and the lead singer responded.

Crap, I inserted the link. But it was my first time....

December 02, 2005 1:42 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

WTF? The link was there when I clicked preview, but when I publish it is gone. ??

December 02, 2005 1:47 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Wow she looks like someone I worked with at SXSW a few years ago. I wonder!

I'm glad you had fun, sorry I didn't make it, had other plans.

December 02, 2005 1:49 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

It was TOTALLY there in preview mode!!! You still can't figure out how to post pictures, dumbass. Do I have to come give you a lesson?

December 02, 2005 1:54 PM  
Blogger brownie said...

I can do it, just don't have any pics to post. I'm not like you, don't act like an Asian tourist everytime I leave the house, taking pics of everyone and everything.

December 02, 2005 2:27 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Hey..they are great drunken moments captured on film...I'm glad your a drunken asian tourist!

December 02, 2005 2:37 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Ass G...I am gonna be in bed by 9....I'm old.

December 02, 2005 2:46 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

The Gagger loves her some pics!

December 02, 2005 2:47 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Bummer. I was thinking of taking a nap after work then renting a movie or finding something on HBO.

December 02, 2005 2:48 PM  
Blogger brownie said...

Go to the Darkside hash, losers.

December 02, 2005 2:49 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Mad Cowboys!

December 02, 2005 2:50 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I'm old and tired...want bed now...nice warm jersy sheets....Mmmmmm

December 02, 2005 2:59 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Not making that tonight. Sorry.

December 02, 2005 3:15 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Hmmm as opposed to a "fake "hasher.

I'm more of a hasher on hiatus.

December 02, 2005 3:35 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Brownie, you're not even making it to the Darkside tonight. And don't give me your "Dirty Du" excuses. That 15 year old girl is gonna kick your ass again this year.

December 02, 2005 3:51 PM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

screw you guys, support local hashes founded by a drunk fish

December 02, 2005 3:53 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Maybe I'll change my mind later. You never know what a good 20 minute power nap can do.

December 02, 2005 3:55 PM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

decide quick, I have 3 more hours of work and am quickly running out of beer

December 02, 2005 4:21 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Your freaking Brownie...we will ALWAYS have material...

December 02, 2005 4:31 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

I'm not worried. She'll beat you.

December 02, 2005 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker