Thursday, January 04, 2007

I planned on posting this earlier this morning, but our internet and email have both been down ALL DAY LONG! So here goes.......

Well, the New Year brings a new President/CEO to my job. He is a workaholic and arrives to the building early, unlike our previous CEO (whose office is across from mine). So, I am trying to be better about arriving to work on time. Lately, I’ve been slacking and getting here about 8:15…and sometimes even a little later. It never matters because I still beat my boss and the CEO and every single lobbyist that I work with. Not so with the new guy. There is a major all-staff meeting on Monday, the 8th. We will find out exactly how things will be re-organized, etc. I’m told that nobody is really in jeopardy of losing their job, but you still never know. Fortunately, I was officially told yesterday that my job is safe, I will just be reporting to someone new. I had heard rumor of this, but it’s always nice to know for sure!

So I actually woke up an entire hour earlier than I normally do this morning….at 6am. I was set to be on time today and I also wanted to possibly go running or do something active to get me going. I took the dogs out, fed them and then played ball with them for a little bit. It was now 6:25am and still pitch black outside. I didn’t have any reflective clothing at my mom’s house (yes, still dog sitting) and didn’t really feel like starting up running in the dark anyway, so I decided to do a crap load of jumping jacks inside. Many sets of 50 with stretching in between. Yeah, I know it’s not much, but I’m just happy that I was able to get myself outta bed that early. That was a BIG step for me. If the freakin' Gold's Gym lady will call me back, I can set up my auto-draft so I can get back to the gym. Not enough people at work signed up for the Corporate plan, so we were all dropped and have to get signed up individually through our own bank. When does it get lighter outside in the mornings? April??

Anyway, with getting up earlier, I thought I was even going to be able to make breakfast at home. Nope. I can somehow find a way to blow all that extra time….took the dogs on a longer walk, played ball more, spent more time straightening my hair, took out the garbage, etc.

Oh yeah….when did I make it in to work you ask? Well, I pulled up at 8:02am and was inside my office one minute later. I would’ve been early if I hadn’t stopped to pick up breakfast on the way in! Oh well…there’s always tomorrow.

On-On to the Full Moon hash!

7 Comments:

Blogger Pittchick said...

Breakfast is suppossedly the most important meal of the day!

January 04, 2007 4:05 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

DUDE..kickass job with the jumping jacks..you would be surprised how many folks can't do more than 10....


Once you start working out in the AM you get hooked...the rest of the day is free and your workout is DONE. wahooo

January 04, 2007 6:06 PM  
Blogger brownie said...

Are you kidding me? Jumping jacks? Are you gonna join the Army or something?

January 05, 2007 8:07 AM  
Blogger Gagger said...

baby steps. I'm not a morning person.

January 05, 2007 8:09 AM  
Blogger Buzz said...

I hate getting to work late, can't stand it. I used to do it all the time but nowadays I'm always at least 30 minutes early. Since I get there that early no-one complains when they see me walk out anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour before close o' bidness!


-buzz

January 05, 2007 9:31 AM  
Blogger The guy you never see said...

Gotta love getting in early! In at 7 and out at 3 if I eat at my desk, I love it, my boss is in at 5 and out at 1 so it works.

January 05, 2007 6:32 PM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

I actually made it to work early today, that is a first in a long time.

January 05, 2007 6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker