Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Colorado: Part 1: Weds & Thursday

Last Wednesday I bolted from work a tad early and headed to the airport. My vacation didn't start off well... You see, as my plane was speeding down the runway, the freaking cabin door popped open! WTF?? Part of your job is to secure the door and you forget to lock it properly? Holy shit. So we had to wait for the pilots to read the manual to make sure they didn't F-up the brakes and then get back in line to takeoff.

But as you can see, I made it safely to Colorado and back home again.

Took it easy the first night. Brownie, Katie and I went to Old Chicago to start my mini-tour of Bristol beers. I had 3 of the required 8 (to get the T-shirt).
All the pics from Wednesday can be seen here.

Thursday morning I got my very first Clean Plate Club sticker at the Purple Castle. Well, first one that I actually earned! It's now on my Kimchi mug. What What!

Brownie only worked 1/2 a day, so we hit up Old Chicago again and I had 2 more of the beers on the mini-tour. Unfortunately, that was the last time I made it to OC, so no mini-tour T-shirt for me. Oh well.

What does No Trespassing mean?? ;)

Starting the long hike up the Incline...



Gorgeous views.





But since I am slow and out of shape, it took me 50 minutes just to get half way! And by then it was getting dark. So I took the Barr trail down and went to Kinfolk's for some delicious PBR...in a bottle! I've never seen that before. Oh yeah...did I mention that I totally ate it while hiking down the mountain? Couldn't see the ice patch in the dark. Two feet went forward and I landed on my ass. Nice.

After getting cleaned up, we headed to the bars of Manitou. MeatGazer and I Like Your Boobs joined us as well.


I LOVE MEAT!!!

Why Shock her when you can Spock her?!


Jason is the coolest bartender!

Some Snowdown folks joined us on their way to Durango.




Not sure why we left the bars. Maybe they were all closing? So we went back to Brownie's place. That's when the Carolina Trash guys found all of the syringe jello shots. Uh-oh...you can't make them 2 days early! Sorry Katie...but seriously! So we all went to town on them....


It's also fun to shoot them from across the room into your mouth...


The boys decided to tape all the shots we did across Brownie's bedroom door...

What a great day! You can see all of Thursday's pics here.

10 Comments:

Blogger Gagger said...

You harass me for 2 days about posting my pics and this is what I get?!

Bite me!!!

February 06, 2008 4:29 PM  
Blogger brownie said...

Where the hell are Friday, Saturday, and Sunday's pics?!?!?

February 06, 2008 4:39 PM  
Blogger Outdoorgirl said...

I love the new hair cut! Its super cute :)

February 06, 2008 5:55 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Thanks Dani! I'm loving the new length myself. :)

February 06, 2008 6:12 PM  
Blogger Rafael said...

Cool pics!

February 07, 2008 11:20 AM  
Blogger brownie said...

Where the hell are the rest of the pics?

February 07, 2008 12:20 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Hey retard! I emailed you the entire link since your panties were in a wad and you couldn't wait for daily blog posts.

February 07, 2008 12:37 PM  
Blogger brownie said...

Send it out to the Colorado hash list!

February 07, 2008 2:20 PM  
Blogger Jes said...

Come back to CO in April...we'll get our T-shirts together!!

February 07, 2008 7:33 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

I don't think everyone on the CO hash list cares about my hiking the Incline or taking 5000 jello shots!

Jes: I sooooo want to go back to CO soon. Only thing is, we'll have to start a new mini-tour. The one I started ends Feb 10.

P.S. I want to move there and I need a roommate. You??

February 07, 2008 8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker