Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Trying to catch up

Ok, so I’m pretty behind in posting pics. I just got tired of doing write-ups and spending my free time at home blogging. So, I’m just gonna post a bunch of links to the pics all in one post...

So back at the end of August, an El Paso hasher was in town on business and wanted to go drinking. We put together a little happy hour for him since he was so nice and got a group to drink with me and Wet Spot when we were in El Paso before CoTex. Anyway, it turned into a fun pub crawl.

Pics from HH pub crawl are here.

Three days later was the Keep Austin Weird 5K. I must say that it royally sucked this year. The new race course had no local businesses and bars along the way. The only thing to do during the run was stop at the little booths set up along the way to taste test samples. All of my friends just ran the whole thing. Not me! I stopped at every single location. Hellooooo, one of the booths gave away chocolate chip cookie dough. Hells yeah! Overall, it was quite boring. Nobody even really wanted to party afterwards...except for my Budweiser buddy Richy. What’s up with that? LAME. At least my group started the whole thing at a LOCAL business, instead of like others who went to Hooter's.

Pics to the KAW5K are here.

The next weekend was Colorado Invihash and I already posted those pics.... :)

The night before the Ohio State Buckeyes beat the Longhorns (hahaha), there was a concert at Waterloo Park. One of the main sponsors was Plucker’s…so I got a pass for the VIP area. Free beer and food from Plucker’s. Thanks Kristin! The highlight of the night would have to be meeting Robert Earl Keen and getting a photo taken with him. What a nice guy…and an A&M grad! He and Lyle Lovett used to be roommates in college and they’d play their guitars on the porch and write songs, FYI.

Pics from the Throwdown are here.

Several of us met on Sept. 28 to get the ball rolling on the Burnet Road Challenge 2006 run. Had dinner at Billy’s and then headed to Ginny’s for the planning part. When I walked in and saw Grabber with a full bottle of whiskey on the table, I knew it was gonna be a long night! Also, I discovered that Dale Watson was playing later that evening. Hadn’t seen him perform in ages. We got the nitty gritty discussions out of the way and then partied the night away…drinking at the table and scootin’ a boot on the dance floor. We even recruited some random folks to run in the BRC. What a great evening. :)

Pics from the BRC planning are here.

On Sept 30, I spent most of the day in Georgetown watching my cousin play in a basketball tournament. Then we had a family dinner at a local burger joint, Phil's Icehouse. Then I took my Aunt and cousin to my place so they could crash. Then I peeled myself off the couch and tried to hit 2 parties…but I was tired and full and didn’t feel like drinking. I made it over to Tuck It and DBD’s house for Penile Probe’s welcome back from Iraq party, but unfortunately, I never made it over to Bitch, James Bitch’s birthday party. I got to the first one pretty late to begin with. Oh well, as you can see, I wasn’t really in party pic mode this evening. But check out the special dancer’s DBD hired for PP!

PP’s party pics are here.

More to come....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker