Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Brake job might screw Tex-Mex

Well, last week I finally had to take my car into the shop. Something was seriously wrong with my rear brakes. $325 later that same afternoon, I headed to my department Christmas party with my new brake job. The Advocacy party is usually fun because I work with some cool people, plus it's always off site and it's always at a place where we can have free flowing pitchers of margaritas. Well, I hadn't been feeling well and my throat was sore. So I stuck with water the entire time and just wished we could speed up the White Elephant game so I could get out of there. Usually, I'm one of the last 4 people there...still drinking on my boss' tab. Not this time. So I MUST have been sick to pass up free alcohol. That just sucks.

Once the party was finally over, I jetted home to rest a bit before the big group movie outing we were doing for my friend who just lost her husband. We saw Stranger Than Fiction at the Alamo Drafthouse. Now, normally I love going here because you can eat and drink while watching the movie. Super cool place if you've never been. Well....continue with me not feeling well and being super tired...still no drinking for me. I actually really enjoyed the movie. Not your typical Will Ferrell movie, but I liked it.

After the chatting was over once the movie was finished (and with 12 people that can take a while), I opted out of going to BB Rover's so that I could get to Margaret's and hit the hay. It was my night to sleepover at her house. I let the dog outside and tried to play with him a little bit, but I didn't have much energy. So I went upstairs to get ready for bed and whammy. What's right there on the rug? A big pile of hacked up hair, etc. The cat had left me a present to clean up. Just lovely. I took my temperature...sure enough, I had a fever! Then it was finally time to get in bed after a loooooong day.

Oh yeah, and the whole point of the story was...........the money I set aside for Tex-Mex was used to get my brakes fixed. Gotta come up with another plan....quick! Unfortunately, my mom has already gotten me my Christmas presents. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker