Monday, June 18, 2007

Colorado: MOPP Hash & CoTex 8

Ok, so I LOVE COLORADO! But what's new? If you know me at all, you know that I've loved it since I was a little girl. My family and another one would go on ski trips together. Good times, good times.

Anyway, so I got into Colorado Springs last Wednesday night. Brownie, being the nice friend that he is, picked me up and we went straight to a dive bar called the El Dorado. We had the run of the entire place. Just us two, the bartender and the bored karaoke guy. And no, we didn't sing.

Thursday, I had all day to play around and explore by myself. Had a list of things to do. But Brownie had to work in Pueblo that day at the last minute. Crikey! Well, his awesome girlfriend came to the rescue. Brownie drove her car to work in Pueblo, I took her to work and then had Brownie's Jeep all day. Dani rocks! So I go back to change and gather stuff and then off to the Purple Castle for a hearty breakfast. Had a great time there, chatting with Sue and Gary. I go out to head towards the Garden of the Gods when whammy...the Jeep won't start. Seriously?? I drove Dani to work, then to the apartment, then to the PC and everything was normal then. Luckily, a nice mechanic happened to be eating at the PC and he came out to help me. Then Gary, the owner, came out to see if he could help. Man, that place rocks for service. :) If you are ever in the Springs, be sure and go check it out. You will definitely have a good time. Just beware....their green chile is HOT! Unfortunately, their web site is down, otherwise I'd give you the link.

Turns out, the battery needed to be replaced. We barely even got it jumped to get it over to the shop. So about 3 hours down the drain and I'm finally back on the road to the GOTG. Drove around and hiked around parts. Took a bunch of pics. The rock formations are just so beautiful. At one point, I was trying to set up a self-timer photo of myself by the Siamese Twins. Didn't quite turn out...got a pic of me running over to it. Then some tourists came to my rescue. They took pics of me and I took pics of them. Worked out nicely. Here is one below with my head popping up through the hole of the Siamese Twins with Pikes Peak in the background. Thanks nice tourists!


It was now time to go check out Red Rocks Open Space. I was told to follow the Contemplative Trail. After milling around for a little bit, I finally found it. I should have looked at the map at the start a little longer! It was pretty and less touristy.


I ran out of time and had to head back to Brownie's to get ready for the MOPP hash. But of course, there was a pre-lube at Arctic and I was reunited with my Meatgazer! That place is a hasher's heaven.




Then we were off to the start of the MOPP hash. Much debauchery occurred on this trail. Damn, I need to take it easy before a big hash weekend where altitude is involved! At Benny's, they apparently serve MAJORLY STRONG liquor drinks. My vodka & 7 was pretty much all vodka with a splash of 7. I definitely paid for that on Friday...and part of Saturday. Oh yeah....thanks to FTB Boy for making me go close my tab at the last bar. Sorry that you didn't remember to close yours! Some New Mexico friends of mine finally made it to the Springs around 1am. At least I was smart and only had water at this point while my friend drank.

All the pics from the MOPP Hash are here.

Friday morning we headed to the PC for breakfast before our road trip to CoTex. Brownie and BBC tried to clean their plates....very large cheeseburgers with fries. I don't think Brownie made it. Man, he looked miserable. But at least he didn't yack it all up later like some other fool. Of course, I almost threw up when I saw the inside of the toilet in Brownie's backyard. Yes, you read that correctly. It was all green and disgusting.

When we stopped in Woodland Park for a beer on the way, I opted for water. Then went to the bathroom to yack...not once, but twice. Holy hell, Friday wasn't starting out very well and it damn sure didn't end well. But that's another story for another time.

Hopefully, you've read CoTex updates on other blogs, so I won't go into details. Here is one pic that sums up Saturday.....oreos....the new measurement.......How many are you?



All my pics from CoTex 8 - South Park are here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Outdoorgirl said...

check out my video blog of last weekend

June 18, 2007 9:32 PM  
Blogger brownie said...

Remember though, CO men aren't measured in oreos, we're measured in PC double bacon cheeseburgers.

June 19, 2007 3:54 PM  
Blogger -tunnel said...

Great pictures, looks like it was a blast!!

June 20, 2007 12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker