Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Weekend Goodbyes

Once I finally rolled out of bed on Saturday morning, I headed to San Antonio to visit my friends Emily and Royce. Emily and I were buddies in college and now she and her hubby are moving to Capetown, South Africa! It's for Royce's job. He has been traveling back and forth for the last 2 years. They decided to all go now. Sooooo, I had to get in some good hang out time since she will be so far away and I can't afford a $1500 plane ticket. They fly to Africa tomorrow! Boo hiss.

Saturday early evening we had a big birthday dinner at some Mexican restaurant where they have Everclear margaritas. Yum yum. Then we sent the chitlins home with Emily's parents and we went out for more fun. Ended up at the SA Flying Saucer (so I got in 3 more beers towards my UFO Club!)
Emily & Royce

Emily's little sister Erin (I'm trying to get her to move to CO!)

While driving home Sunday night I got the HashSpace email invite. (If you don't know what that is yet, let me know and I can invite you.) During the entire drive home I was sending out other invites and commenting on individual sites. Not safe at all, I know, but it sure passed the time quickly. I'm addicted to my iPhone...can't help it! :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Was it La Fogata???LOVE that place..YUM

March 11, 2008 5:19 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Actually, that was the original location. But it had to be changed because the party got too large and they said they couldn't accomodate us.

Seriously? They lost out on a crap load of money!

March 11, 2008 5:32 PM  
Blogger Smut Mutt said...

$1500 for south africa, where? I'm going to Namibia in late Oct and it's looking like ~$2K.

March 12, 2008 3:11 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

They are moving to Capetown, S. Africa. Not sure if that's the exact price, that's just what they randomly mentioned to me. But the husband has flown back and forth many times within the past 2 years, so I'd figure he'd know the right amount.

March 13, 2008 12:59 PM  
Blogger Smut Mutt said...

Weird... Capetown, South Africa is about $400 less than Windhoek, Namibia even though Capetown 500 miles further.

March 13, 2008 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker