Wednesday, August 20, 2008

BRC is upon us!

The first BRC meeting of 2008 was held on Monday. We all met up at Ginny's. A whole lot more people showed up than I was expecting, but that just made it all the more fun. I was actually quite tired from staying up too late on Sunday night and was just going to have one beer, try to lobby for a different weekend and then bolt to hit the hay early. As if that would ever happen!!


While at the Poodle Dog Lounge, we got to talking about adding in some sort of game for a challenge. Tippy Cup was suggested, but that would take too damn long. Then the idea of a Tour de Chug hit us. In the pic below, Grabber and Elvis are challenging each other to show an example to the others.



While at Buddy's Place, Elvis gave me a Sharpie tattoo.


Kristin told us about the stash of Yuengling that someone brought back for her from the East Coast. I've only heard Brownie rave about it, so I had to try one. Several of us headed to Munson's house to continue the party.

So how long did I stay at Munson's? Let's just say that I somehow woke up at 3:55am, still in my work clothes, on the couch. I drove home and got into my bed. Tuesday was pretty shot. Overslept for work. Was about to finally head in to work 1/2 a day when I got a call from my mom. The AC repairman could come that day! So I took a personal day and stayed home while the AC guy worked on stuff for 4.5 hours. Was a nice, relax on the couch and be a bum day. :)
You can see all the pics here.

8 Comments:

Blogger mike said...

Yuengling ... mmmmm. The only thing I liked about PA.

August 20, 2008 9:31 PM  
Blogger mike said...

Actually, I would say that I also liked the women, but turns out, all the really cool ones were tourists or out of state students.

August 20, 2008 9:33 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

How do you do it? You're a partying rockstar! I need to find my drinking youth again!

August 21, 2008 7:46 AM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Squeef, you crack me up.

Trojan, if I had gone home after the last bar and not gone to Munson's house, I would've been fine. I way over did it on a Monday. Not very wise of me!

August 21, 2008 8:55 AM  
Blogger Jes said...

HEY!! I'm a Pennsylvania girl and I totally rock!!!

Man oh man I'm jealous of you getting to drink Yuengling!!!

August 22, 2008 11:14 AM  
Blogger Gagger said...

When I first read that, I thought that you said you WERE in PA. I was gonna get mad at you for bypassing Texas!

August 22, 2008 11:17 AM  
Blogger Not So Silent Bob said...

Yuengling rocks. Great beer and a good price. That was what they had at T.I.T.S. this year.

August 22, 2008 4:49 PM  
Blogger Outdoorgirl said...

Oh GAWD I can never drink Lone Star again... that was the worst hangover of my life!

August 25, 2008 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker