Tuesday, February 23, 2010

To Ski or To Board?

So, from my last post you see that I'm taking a trip to New Mexico at the end of March. I think everyone going will be snowboarding...something I've never ever done. The last time I even went skiing was in 1996...and I wasn't good. Should have taken a lesson as I can only stop using the snow plow method. That doesn't really work too well on every run!

So my question is: should I take a snowboard lesson or ski lessons? Just how hard is snowboarding anyways? I'm picturing myself face-planting over and over! But also think it could be fun.

Thoughts?

6 Comments:

Blogger brownie said...

Where in NM are you going? Taos? Why would you go there when Wolf Creek is so close?

Remember, whatever you choose, getting a ride up a mountain is for pussies.

February 23, 2010 10:43 AM  
Blogger BH said...

If you do, wear a helmet. Most people who are learning to snowboard crack their heads more times (and harder) than they care to count.

March 01, 2010 5:14 PM  
Blogger Smut Mutt said...

Wish I'd have seen this earlier... I've boarded since 91. Boarding rocks but you really have to want it - there's a painful learning curve. Take a group lesson, wear butt and knee pads if you got them, helmet prolly isn't a bad idea either.

BTW, TAF emailed me this week about a snowboard he's trying to get rid of. He was giving it away.

April 15, 2010 8:05 PM  
Blogger BH said...

Did you get lost in NM?

May 13, 2010 5:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I want to learn skiing! :)

scarlet keen footwear

September 14, 2010 11:55 PM  
Blogger natalie said...

Skiboarding!!!Love it! ~ oakley ~

November 04, 2010 1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker