Thursday, February 09, 2006

Baby A's, Sailing, Crotch Rot's B-day Hash & the Boring Bowl

FRIDAY, FEB 3: Baby A's
Ok, so the weekend started off with a little happy hour at Baby A's on Friday night. Hadn't seen many non-hasher friends in quite some time...actually since a wedding we were in back in November. Entirely too long! Ever since I started hashing, I don't see my other friends much at all. Doesn't help that most of them have recently gotten hitched and are domesticated now. Boring! Well, guess who showed up at this non-hasher happy hour? Several hashers I know! Turns out that my good friend who put this shindig together has a younger sister [JUST BARBARA] who is friends with the wives of a couple hashers. Actually, the wives hash more frequently now too. It was good seeing my old buddies again and good to intermingle the two groups. One non-hasher was gonna have a baby in 4 days and she still came out. What a trooper! Anyway, before I bore you too much longer..... Here are the pics.

SATURDAY, FEB 4: Sailing on the Infinity!
Met up at the Keever's house at noon. Waited for slow-ass Marisa [FREE MEAT] to show up...she was on "Asian time," as she calls it. Finally headed out to Lake Travis to meet up with the rest of the crew. It was a beautiful day with some good wind. Actually, there was one gust that was so strong I thought I might fall overboard. I was actually more worried that my camera would fall in! Rob's beer went flying and somehow I managed to grab it before it went over into the water. CUMONAWANALAYA got a laugh because she saw how I immediately grabbed the railing and asked just how far this thing could lean without tipping over. Ok, so I've only been on a sail boat 4-5 times in my life. I'm used to ski boats and pontoons. Just need more practice, wink wink. Speaking of practice, Rob taught me how to wrap one of the lines/ropes around some thingeemabobber and I got to use the winch to crank it. Was that when we had to do a change of tack? Trimming the sail? Whatever you call it, it was fun! Man, I DO NOT know sailing terminology.

We were out on the water for a good 5-6 hours. Such a gorgeous day. Had many toasts to Todd with our Lone Stars and Black Bush whiskey [was his birthday]. Sucks that I never got to meet him. Afterwards, I ended up riding with Hovis and Marisa because the Keever's wanted to hit Chuy's. We decided to make a quick stop at the Anderson Mill Tavern. They wouldn't serve Marisa because she didn't have her ID with her and Hovis immediately went to the restroom. Next thing we know, the bartender is telling us that our friend is puking all over the bathroom. We walk over and slightly open the door to ask if he needs anything. He said everything was good. Good for him I guess, but not for the person who had to clean that crap up! Reason #1 to not work in a bar. Anyway, the bartender didn't even want to give him a glass of water because she said he would just throw that up too. So we hi-tailed it to Burger King for food. Got back to the Keever's and it was time for beer pong. Apparently, Hovis recovers quickly because he started drinking more once beer pong started up. Speaking of, I'm getting better at the Austin version. Whoo-hoo! :)

Sailing Pics

Sunday, FEB 5: Crotch Rot's B-day Hash
Had quite a few hares for this trail: blASSt ZONE, CUMONAWANALAYA, PADRE, FREE MEAT & I PEE FREELY. Started at Buddy's Place, which immediately reminded me of the good times had during the Burnet Road Challenge. Had a beer check at the end of a bridge...I got there after the old neighbor ran everyone off from next to his house...a shot check in the driveway at the house where Crotch Rot used to live, then a beer check at Ginny's Little Longhorn. Got in some good running, mixed in with some walking and good conversation. I PEE FREELY cooked some badass curry and rice. Left a nice slow burn on my lips. Damn, that guy can cook! Cirlce ended a little earlier than expected due to the cops that suddenly appeared. Seems we were disturbing someone. What? The one small apartment complex surrounded by warehouses got mad at a little noise on Super Bowl Sunday? We swang low and then headed for TUCK IT & DBD's house for a little football party.

Pics from Crotch Rot's B-day Hash

Super Bowl Party:
Once at TUCK IT's, the dice were brought out and 3-Man had begun. We didn't really pay much attention to the game because there was more excitement going on outside on the deck. I met $3 SHORT OF A DONKEY here. He is the one putting together the ICBINMH3 Campout, so that was cool. Looks like it's gonna be another great hash weekend. Oh yeah, and check out STRAP-ON ELVIS'S blog to see the T-shirt design. Super cool. Had a few drunkards at the party [FISH, I PEE FREELY]. Man, they were amusing. Yadda, yadda, yadda....everyone had a good time.

Here are the pics

On-On to my bed. One hour and 15 minutes and I will finally get some rest...so don't even think about trying to talk me into going out tonight. You know I can't say no. I have to pack for the weekend and buy stuff for Brass Monkeys anyway. Turning ringer off now..... Ok, not really, but maybe later.

Ciao!

10 Comments:

Blogger dayoldfish said...

should have came out last night $6 pitchers at Sam's Boat

February 10, 2006 9:07 AM  
Blogger Gagger said...

No way was I going out last night. Got home from work at 7:30pm and was in bed by 11pm. Oh yeah, and I still haven't packed yet!

Annnnnnnd, I just noticed my driver's license is not in my wallet. :(

February 10, 2006 9:11 AM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

DOH! Todd Wussed out last night too. Ended up being Padre, Slut and myself.

February 10, 2006 9:30 AM  
Blogger babyG said...

Hey Girl ! Time to pac ! I have not even started...lol
was thinking of stoping at the L store to get some thing to drink on the drive, what sounds good ?

February 10, 2006 9:36 AM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

DOF did you make it to Rovers? I was making my way over after band practice last night but took a wrong turn and said f it.

February 10, 2006 9:41 AM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

Last night did not make Rovers, For Sunset was at Dry Creek Saloon (with Strap-On and Free Meat), then went to Sam's Boat. Took a break from Sam's Boat for an hour and a half then headed back.

February 10, 2006 10:09 AM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Yay! Found my drivers license. It's been in my hash bag since Sunday...so I'm good to go tonight.

February 10, 2006 3:09 PM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

so you ever going to get to #4 on your damn list?

February 10, 2006 3:24 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Are you really that interested in knowing?

February 10, 2006 3:54 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

He just wants to know if he's on it. I'll answer for you: NO.

February 10, 2006 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker