Thursday, February 02, 2006

Retard Hash: January 29, 2006

Soccer was the theme today... I finally made the hike way down to South Austin and found the Slaughter Creek Park. Who knew there were soccer fields there? Got a few weird looks because of my socks. Hey, I thought there was going to be some crazy shiggy since the trail was listed as not being dog friendly...and it was too hot to wear pants. So suck it! I love my soccer socks. We waited longer than normal for chalk talk to start, which was a good thing because my friend JUST LESLEY didn't listen to my directions and used her Yahoo map directions. Yep, she got lost. Maybe next time she will listen to me! Anyway, the RA's decided to circle up some folks for Sexercices. Finally we had chalk talk and the pack was sent off...but no sight of Lesley yet.

It took FOREVER to find the beginning of trail. Everyone wandered around for at least 10 minutes before we found true trail. Somehow I managed to get lost again...this is becomming a pattern for me lately. Then I stumbled upon hop-a-long FISH. Seems he severely twisted his ankle. So I walked with him for a while. Caught up with GREAT DANE PAIN and 2 others. We fell for a false and then.....BN! We were the DFL's at the beer check. And who is sitting there drinking a cold beer? JUST LESLEY! She arrived late and still beat my ass into the beer check. Way to go newbie. BTW, she just bought a Camelbak, so she is in this for the long haul. Whoo-hoo! She didn't get scared away. :)

The pack took off shortly after the DFL's opened their beer, so I just ran with mine. Even threw the empty bottle into a recycling bin on someone's driveway...Austin hashers are so good. Later on, the pack couldn't solve a check. Nobody could find trail. A big group started heading down a long, grassy area...still nothing. I wondered why everyone was still going in this direction with no hash marks. Lesley wanted to keep going in this direction since so many others were, so we did. Wish I would have known that STAYFREE WITH WINGS was leading the pack! That boy is crazy. We finally decided to turn around and go back to the check and eventually found trail, thanks to STAYFREE. At one point we were on a street named Mala Suerte. Who would want to live on that street?! Finally, we made it to the On-In. Some co-worker of EASY ACCESS. Did she know what she was getting herself in to...letting a bunch of hashers into her home?

Circle didn't last as long as it could have because the hares [SOCIAL RETARD & EASY ACCESS] ran out of beer! Crikey! How could they have let that happen? It was just before I was going to be called out with someone else who found a soccer ball on trail....

Oh yeah, and at the On-On-On at Detours, I finally met BIG BLOODY KETCHUP. Had heard that name many times before, but didn't know who the heck he was. After several beers it was time to make the trek back up to the Northside.

Here are the Pics

Hash Trash from Social Retard's Trail

3 Comments:

Blogger babyG said...

I missed the hash, but with your pics it's as if I was there...lol now you have one more trail then me

February 02, 2006 1:55 PM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

OWWWWW

February 02, 2006 9:14 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Thanks for keeping up the tradition DOF. In March 2003, I rolled my ankle after the first 200 yards of my first retard trail on the greenbelt. And then I was brave enough to do the rest of trail anyway. It took over two months before the pain was gone.

Oh wait, you autowanked. Nevermind what I said about tradition...

February 02, 2006 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker