Thursday, January 19, 2006

Tex-Mex Day 1: Thursday, January 12

Ok, so this was my first ever hash weekend event. I've heard good things about Tex-Mex and I was not disappointed!

Played 3-Man on the plane for a bit, then ended up napping. Was tired from the pre-lube the night before and from waking up at the crack of dawn to pack. Yes, I am a procrastinator! Once we got to the El Paso airport, we had about an hour wait until the rest of the folks arrived who were in our shuttle ride to the hotel. So we hit the cantina, of course. Once everyone arrived, Little Dinghy took us to the Mesa Inn so we could check in. Thanks for the transportation Dinghy!

Next stop: Sunset Brewery & Pizza for a drink while waiting for others to arrive. Then we chilled in our new friend OPIE'S room for a bit...he had cold beer! Heard the hospitality suite kegs had been tapped, so on we went. Met a bunch of cool people. Hashers are so damn friendly!

Time to get changed for the Truth or Dare Hash.

Wish I would have taken my camera on this trail. : ( Unfortunately, I put it in my shag bag. Oh well. Ended up on the walker's trail with my new Colorado Kimchi buds: ESPN, DONNIE THE RETARD, C4 AND NUTHIN' BUT NET. [yes, I walked my first Tex-Mex trail...was still healing my sprained, swollen ankle from the Austin hash on January 1.] After the last beer check, we were walking past the UTEP soccer fields and some guy started asking the group what we were doing. Next thing I know, he had followed us back to the hotel...and got butt naked in circle. Wonder if the El Paso Hash will ever see him again...

BROWNIE had decided to go to bed early Thursday night since he partied too hard on Wednesday (loser) and was hungover...but those Colorado folks wouldn't have it! Since he wouldn't answer the door, they busted in through the window. It was time to play 3-Man! We kept moving the game to different rooms to get new people to play with us. Last picture was taken at 2:35am. I think about that time was when someone called some Hill Country hashers. They convinced TICKET MASTER and DICK SEMENS to drive from Killeen to El Paso after they had been out drinking! Crazy guys.

Finally, it's was time to get some sleep. It was gonna be a long weekend and we didn't want to be hungover on the first official day.

Pics from Day 1

8 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

You ain't seen nothing yet...just wait for TXIH06:)

January 19, 2006 12:14 PM  
Blogger Rafael said...

hoowah!

January 19, 2006 12:21 PM  
Blogger babyG said...

man I miss all the fun...lol

January 19, 2006 12:30 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Well Bunnie...since your profile doesn't tell anyone crap about who you are, I'm gonna go ahead and keep that a secret!

January 19, 2006 1:48 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

I guess that's a "no"!

January 19, 2006 2:18 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Hey Gazer!!! Glad you are joining our little blog world. I had so much fun hanging with you and BATT over the weekend. :)

Day 2 pics will be posted sometime today, so check back!

January 20, 2006 8:29 AM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

BL people would have to care for you to be a mystery

January 20, 2006 9:08 AM  
Blogger Spotty said...

Sista!!! Glad you're here!! How's mom?

January 20, 2006 5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker