Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Support Local Live Music!

UPDATE: Cover charge is $5. Trophy's sells beer, but not liquor. You can bring in your own [up to a fifth] and they sell set ups.


Nothing to do this Friday? I've got the solution. Come on out to Trophy's [located here] to help support live music. My co-worker's band is playing at 11pm this Friday. You can check them out here.

Here's a little blip from the SXSW web site:

the.story.of plays shows that captivate.
the.story.of plays shows that invigorate.
the.story.of's songs are a melodic brand of space-rock that is both vivid and frequently 'goose-bump inducing.' Originally hailing from Athens, OH, now living in Austin, the.story.of has garnered a reputation as one of the cities most inventive and explosive new bands.
Here is a pic of my friend in the band [Alex] after one of their shows.

Might be a small cover around $4. Come join me! See how much fun I had at one of their shows here.

14 Comments:

Blogger brownie said...

Woohoo! Support local music! Tell them to come play Colorado Springs...

March 07, 2006 12:57 PM  
Blogger BRAE said...

Put me down as a maybe.

March 07, 2006 1:01 PM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

Alex is cute. I wish I lived closer to Austin...

March 07, 2006 1:24 PM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

Hey I was there the night of that pic, although I didn't know you then. You guys interrupted I Pee Freely and I to take that pic.

March 07, 2006 1:32 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Oh yeah! I forgot about that. Too funny. And Free Meat said she likes their version of Orinoco Flow.

March 07, 2006 2:11 PM  
Blogger BH said...

Damn, do all the band members look like that? Send them on up to SF!

March 07, 2006 4:16 PM  
Blogger brownie said...

Boulder, you should go see New Monsoon, a Frisco band. Awesome stuff. Gagger would actually agree with me for once, if she could remember the show.

March 07, 2006 8:26 PM  
Blogger babyG said...

cool sounds like fun, call me

March 08, 2006 12:03 AM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Boulder: You can see pics on their web site.

Brownie: Yeah, don't recall too much of the 3rd band! Just remember dancing and jumping around a lot. :)

March 08, 2006 1:08 AM  
Blogger brownie said...

...and going to your car for a nap, you wus! You missed a hell of a second set!

March 08, 2006 6:52 AM  
Blogger Denial Queen said...

I'll stop by early...might be doing a 10K on Sat. morning....

March 08, 2006 8:58 AM  
Blogger BH said...

I'll check them out. Thanks!

March 08, 2006 5:41 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Have fun! One of these days I'll get to party with you guys again I hope!

March 10, 2006 11:49 AM  
Blogger babyG said...

Hey, I'm going out with Bonesucker tonight so I will see if she is up for some music

March 10, 2006 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker