Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Friday the 13th

I went to an old school bar in Austin on Friday the 13th. I've driven by it a bunch of times throughout my life, but have never been. It looks like a shack that could collapse at any moment. Most of the tables on the upper deck area are all warped and rickety...the kind where it's easier to just hold your beer than to keep watch on it in case the table wobbles and your beer spills over. But you know what? I thoroughly enjoyed myself! Had a great time hanging out...and the sunset view was nice as well.

What was this dive bar? Dry Creek Saloon.

Too bad I missed out on seeing the old lady though...now it's her son that runs the place. So I never had her bark at me to "bring your bottles back down!"

After Dry Creek, we headed over to the Hovii house to order pizza. Hovis was pouring us straight whiskey drinks...think I had 3 of them. I ended up crashing in their spare bedroom because it wasn't wise for me to drive at that point, especially since they live off of 2222. What a great, impromptu happy hour evening!

4 Comments:

Blogger dayoldfish said...

I was not there for your first time at Dry Creek? How sad.

October 24, 2006 10:11 AM  
Blogger brownie said...

I used to go there all the time after runs at Brightleaf SNA. Been yelled at by the old lady tons of times.

October 24, 2006 12:55 PM  
Blogger Asian Princess said...

It's my peaceful place. I love it! The old lady was the star of the place though. I called once to see if they were opened. She answered the phone.."What do you want?!?!?" I said "I was wondering if you were opened". She said, "What do you think! I answered the phone right?" Picture this is a yelling tone. LOL

October 24, 2006 3:06 PM  
Blogger Spotty said...

Free Meat took me there after a bubba hash (she kidnapped me). Pretty eerie going in then you get upstairs and it's a party. I loved it!

October 24, 2006 3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker