Thursday, November 09, 2006

They're gonna put a Wal-Mart where??

As a kid, I took ice skating lessons at Northcross Mall, filled up on Lammes candy (Peppermint kisses are my favorite!), had iron-on T-shirts made at some cool store and watched movies at the theater in Northcross.

I heard about this last night on the news. Brownie, get ready to hurl...
I am told that a 2 story Wal-Mart is going to be put in, along with a parking garage at Northcross. Say it ain't so!

Ok, so I know that mall isn't what it used to be. Nobody really shops there anymore. But still. And they better not tear down the Schlotzsky's that is in the corner of the parking lot of the mall!

Read about it here.

Or the Statesman article is here.

5 Comments:

Blogger PlaysByEar said...

I haven't been there since Hooters shut down.

November 09, 2006 11:14 AM  
Blogger brownie said...

Whatever! Didn't you go eat lunch at Outback yesterday? My Keep Austin Weird cries always fell on deaf ears, even those by the Keep Austin Weird 5K.

November 09, 2006 2:00 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Your memory is failing you. Stop drinking so much. I was not at Outback yesterday!

November 09, 2006 3:01 PM  
Blogger Rafael said...

Well, what else are you going to do with prime real estate that is under utilized like that? Nobody goes to that mall, if I were the landowner, I'd want some more money for its o why not lease it to the devil's discount store, I mean Wal-Mart

November 09, 2006 4:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

why does any town need a 2 story wal mart?

November 10, 2006 1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker