Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Of wet roads and idiots

Ok, so this morning has been crazy...and a little annoying. Woke up late (Thanks Fish for making me go drinking last night!), took a different way to work since I heard the lights were out at Parmer & IH-35. The direction I chose was a BAD decision. The new extension/toll roads on Mo-Pac have NOT helped me in the slightest bit for getting to work. It is 10 times worse. Now getting home is a different story. That is a breeze due to the extension. But I’m trying to get to work right now….

So the left turn lane off my street onto Mo-Pac is waaaaaaay backed up. I say screw it, I’ll just get in the right lane and get on the frontage road. BAAAAAAAD move. It must have taken me 15-20 minutes just to get close to the light at Parmer and Mo-Pac….one small light away from mine. Finally had to bail trying to merge in order to pass through the light. Made another detour. Parmer to Amherst to Duval, but Duval is waaaaaaay backed up headed towards Mo-Pac. So I hook a U and head in the other direction on Duval towards 183. Since I’m over in the area and already running super late because nobody knows how to drive on wet roads, I pull into Rudy’s. Good God people. You do NOT have to slow down to 30 mph when it’s lightly drizzling outside. Morons. Anyway, back to Rudy’s. Yum yum. I love their breakfast tacos. I decide to put on some good tunes on my iPod. Old school Cory Morrow and old school Everclear. Immediately put me in a good mood and I didn’t care about all the idiot drivers anymore. Just danced in my seat as I drove. So I finally make it to work…took almost one hour. Usually takes me 20 minutes.

I got settled in and noticed a voice mail. It’s from my co-worker. She isn’t feeling well and will be in later. Crap. She runs the Capitol Office. I called the Capitol Office to see if anyone else was in. No answer. Double crap. So I round up the transponder (dealy-bopper that lets you in and out of the parking garage) and my stuff and get back on the wet streets of Austin, where nobody can seem to drive properly! Finally make it downtown and finally get to eat my breakfast!

My co-worker is now here, but I think I’m just gonna stay here the rest of the day. Why waste more of my time driving with all the idiots? Plus, I’m meeting a friend later today to work out at her gym after work, so I might as well just stay here since she works out downtown, right? So it all worked out nicely…even though it seems that my morning was pretty much wasted. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Wow. I bet that was frustrating. Drivers in Vegas are worse when it rains. They don't slow down at all and slip and slide everywhere. I was going to take you up on that slow jogging thing but figured you are too fast for me.

January 24, 2007 3:55 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Southbound Mopac looked horrible this morning--it was backed up *miles* north of Parmer.

Glad I go northbound to work! :D

January 24, 2007 4:21 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

My theory about Austin drivers...They have insurance and they know it!

i wish I could freaking bike to work.

January 24, 2007 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker