Sunday, February 18, 2007

Congrats to all the marathoners...and their athletic supporters!


So, Elvis and I headed down to the beer check at 8:30am. Got down there and parked by 9am. The race started at 7am and we were there for the handing off of the very first beer...at 9:47am. Yay! After that we hit a lull, until about 3 to 3 1/2 hours in...then we finally got the beer drinkers! I had such a good time cheering folks on and passing out beer. The looks we got from some people who thought we were crazy were absolutely classic. Everyone did such a great job. Can't wait for next year!





















About 1:15pm it was time to grab a quick bite to eat at Taco Cabana and then time to hit the 2pm hash. What a great day!

You can see all the marathon pics here.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

Awwww... I love it!!! I wish yall were out at every race... and every run... basically everywhere I go! My marathon relay team is pumped to do their first hash- I got them excited about it :)

February 19, 2007 12:52 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

It was so much fun yelling for random runners. They had names on their bibs, so once they got close enough, I could yell out individual names.

Oh yeah, and the whole drinking at 9am thing was fun too! Ok, maybe I waited until 9:30am....

February 19, 2007 2:51 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Thanks for the beer - I felt a little drinking one since I didn't run the marathon (just the last 7 with my sister). But I figured hey - these guys would disklike me even more if they knew I ran by them and didn't grab one!

You coming to the Pub Run tonight?

February 22, 2007 11:45 AM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Trying to decide between pub run and softball game right now.

Any hashers going to the pub run tonight? I threw some shorts, a tank top and my running shoes in my car...just in case. Oh yeah, and my pirate beads from Snowdown!

February 22, 2007 12:08 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

We had a few hashers last month (John and another guy) so I bet some will be there.

Softball sucks! Actually I love softball because it is one of the few sports you can play while drinking heavily.

February 22, 2007 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker