Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Brenham Bluebonnet Run

Is anyone going to Brenham for the Bluebonnet Run this weekend? I would consider it if some folks want to carpool, but I also want to make sure I'm back for Social's April Fool's Day trail in Austin on Sunday.

Location: Brenham, 290 to the Brenham Exxon station next to the Dairy Queen
Time: 3:00
Date: Saturday March 31st
Hares: Puke and GymnoFees
Pot Luck: Bring a dish to share, BYOB, No Monies
Guaranteed: 1,000,000 Bluebonnets in bloom and trail at 3.1 miles

Directions:
The run will start in the parking lot behind the Westwood Exxon/ Westwood Cinema Complex & Horseshoe Junction Family Center (minature golf place) at 3pm. Driving directions from Houston are: take 290 through Brenham, exit 290 west toward Austin, look for the only working movie theatre in town on the right hand side of 290 (Westwood Cinema 6). Park behind the movie theatre and the Exxon station for the start of trail. If cumming from Austin: take 290 and as soon as you get to the outskirts of Brenham, look to the left for the cinema. If you exit right on 290 toward Houston you went too far, turn around. From College Station: Take FM 60 to Hwy36, turn left (south) on 36, go through Somerville toward Brenham. Veer right and continue on 36 south, (do not exit left onto business 36) when you get to the outskirts of Brenham. Continue on and exit right onto hwy 290 west toward Austin. Look for the Westwood Theatre on your right. Park behind theatre and Exxon station.

8 Comments:

Blogger brownie said...

I'm not going, that trail usually sucks. And tell Social to quit stalking me, can't believe she's moving to Colorado!

March 28, 2007 10:20 AM  
Blogger Jerri said...

I'd go, but taking kiddos to and Easter thingy....and for big-girl fun, ATV riding!! Sorry!

March 28, 2007 11:11 AM  
Blogger Gagger said...

I guess I need to tell Social to watch her back since YOU must be stalking her. Aren't you thinking about a job up in Denver??

March 28, 2007 3:28 PM  
Blogger Spotty said...

Dang it!! Wish I could go but I'll be hanging with some houston and DFW hashers up north here. It will be a blast...I don't think brownie has ever been to a bluebonnet hash. Have fun!

March 29, 2007 10:24 AM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

I would like to go, looking for a ride

March 29, 2007 11:40 AM  
Blogger brownie said...

I once did a Houston bike hash and the bluebonnett hash in the same day, wanker!

March 29, 2007 1:21 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Hmm, I really wanted to go so I could party with Wet Spot.

March 29, 2007 1:33 PM  
Blogger Spotty said...

Oh...yeah...I remember.

Sorry Gagger! Come here and we will party at the Stockyards!

March 29, 2007 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker