Thursday, June 28, 2007

Of Poison Ivy, Stings and Bites (and Beggar's Lice!)

Strap-On Elvis with his fairy flour.

He had searched the web for something that happened on June 24....turns out that June 24 is National Fairy Day. Hilarious!

So last Saturday, June 23, Elvis and I met up to lay part of our trail. He had previously driven me by all the areas he had scouted and everything seemed ok. Possibly a little long, but he claimed it was about 6-7 miles. Well, 4 hours later and we had only laid about half of trail!

It was one of those.....oooh, let's lay trail over here, then we got to a NASTY area that we didn't want to make the pack go further into so it became a long false. Back to the last check we'd go. The first creek we got into was pretty nasty. Elvis told me to make sure my shoe laces were tied tightly...not a good sign. Oh yeah, and there was poison ivy/oak EVERYWHERE. Yucky, muddy water that went up to my knees and you had to lift your legs up hard each time because the creek wanted to eat your shoes. I started to get a bad feeling about this area. Seemed very snake friendly. Lots of little branches sticking up out of the water. Just creepy. Told Elvis I didn't like it at all. He didn't either, so we left. Think that ended up being a blow job. Guess we should have marked out that check, but I don't think anyone went in at that point anyway. What do you know....Tuck It Up The Butt started to head down into the creek on Sunday until he saw a water moccasin! Holy smokes! That freaked me out when he told me. I KNEW I wanted to get out of that nasty creek.

So the next thing that happened to us while laying trail was getting stuck in an area that we couldn't get out of. After making our way through tons more poison ivy, being careful not to step in the gazillion ant piles and wading through another part of the muddy creek, we were all of a sudden surrounded by a nursery, a paint ball complex and a nasty wetland area. We thought the creek connected to the creek down the street, but only after it went through this horrible marsh crap. We spent an hour and a half back in this area. More wasted time. This turned into a long back check. :)

So we finally get back to laying trail...now on streets. Decided to have a beer check at the house Elvis just purchased. I think he closes in a month. Super cute neighborhood. While on the way to the 2nd beer check area, I decided to take more pics of all the flowers we spotted on trail....I mean, it WAS the fairy day trail and don't fairies like flowers??

Well, something freakin stung me while walking through this area. And Wanksgiving was stung the next day in that same area while on trail. Not sure what it was, but ouchy!


By this time we are totally out of flour and just had to walk back to the car while making sure that the area we wanted trail to go, would actually work out. We found a way back into the creek...and this time it was clear with a relatively flat rock bottom. This led into a little falls area where we would have the last beer check. Awesome area.



Ant bites? Chigger bites? Whatever it is, it's not letting me wear skirts to work!


After dropping Elvis off at his car at the start, it was time to eat a quick sandwich, shower and hit Slezak's big birthday party at C. Hunt's. No time for rest!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lyle said...

Scouting trail means actually going there to see what`s there.Finding these things out in mid-lay leads to fucked up trails.Those bites look nasty.I still have a welt from my bee sting.Speaking of welts,did you see the one on the virgin-Triple Nipple?Wanksgiving

June 28, 2007 1:25 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

That was the one small area that wasn't pre-scouted. And from the other side, it looked like the creek went through. Just couldn't see that wetlands area!

June 28, 2007 1:59 PM  
Blogger brownie said...

Another day, another nasty rash on Gagger...

June 28, 2007 2:57 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I wanna come hash with you guys in Austin.

I have to find an excuse to come visit the homies in A-town.

June 29, 2007 2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker