Thursday, July 05, 2007

Nerds, Nerds, Nerds!

Last weekend I went to visit some friends in Houston. I left straight from work....the day after the AD Pub Run. That wasn't a very fun drive. Kept wanting to just pull over to take a nap. But I made it in 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Friday night we went to a bar with a huge deck and just chilled. It was a joint birthday celebration for 2 guys I know. Saturday was the crazy fun night. First, we went to the Astros game.

Met up with a bunch of folks there who had tickets in different locations, so we found a spot at 9 Amigos Patio Bar...it's in outfield. I recognized the bartender, but couldn't remember his name. Turns out, he went to my high school Austin. Small world.

Anyway, after the game we had a Revenge of the Nerds party at a bar to go to. Unfortunately, our group, the waitstaff and one other couple were the only ones dressed up. We didn't care too much though because we had a blast laughing away. Oh yeah, and it was karaoke night at that bar....very funny times. Notice what I used for a purse that night.....a green zipper pouch!







Hey, maybe the duathletes should have the August pub run be a nerds theme. That could be hilarious!

You can see all of the Nerds pics here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lulu said...

That is a brilliant idea for a Pub Run! And doubly good since your nerdy friend Brownie will be in town. How great will it be when I kick his ass AND break his pocket protector!

July 09, 2007 3:36 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Yay! Of course, if the pub run is Aug 30, which he might be in town by then, I will be in Puerto Vallarta! And if it's the 4th Thursday on Aug 23, I doubt Brownie would be in town yet.

Crikey!

I sooooo can't wait to see you kickin' his white ass. :)

July 09, 2007 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker