Sunday, October 21, 2007

Tour de Fat ROCKED!!!



On Saturday I was in slow motion. Finally got to sleep in my bed for the first time in about 3 weeks and I did NOT want to get out of it Sat morning. By the time I got moving and was ready to depart the house, I had already missed the bike parade portion of the Tour de Fat. Oh well. My bike rack doesn't fit on my new car anyways.

I head down to Festival Beach, got front row parking in the street (because everyone else rode their bike to the event), walk in without a bag check or anything, get a beer and found Lulu and Brownie right away. Tim and Carri were there as well.

It was a smaller event than I had thought, so finding folks was quite easy. The Asylum Street Spankers were playing when I arrived. Very different type of music, but entertaining. During one song the chick was playing a saw with a bow from a violin. Crazy!

At some point after that Cynthia and Rick arrived.


Next thing I know we are shopping at the New Belgium tent. Brownie says, "this band sounds pretty good." And he takes off. WELLLLLL, turns out it was my co-worker's band....playing their set earlier than what Alex had told me. So I totally missed it because I was oblivious in New Belgium land. Oh well...that just meant I would not miss their midnight show at Trophy's. Wrong! But that's a story for later.



Hi-lights of the day:

The Slowest Bike Race, chillin' with friends on a gorgeous afternoon, the Unicycle Joust, watching the crazy bikes go round and around, the March Fourth Marching Band....and New Belgium beer, of course!

Cynthia has a beautiful New Belgium Cruiser!

Margaret came out and met some of my hasher buds. But she didn't get the tongue memo....



You can see the all the pics here.

I went straight to Lovebite's house from the festival. Showed up to his party one hour early....nice. Freakin' Brownie. More on that later, but I'm tired and I've been at Chon Som for over 3 hours now. Time to head home.

3 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Looks like you all had a frigging blast...

The weather was SO perfect!

October 22, 2007 9:05 AM  
Blogger Buzz said...

Looks like it was a ton of fun...

But that hippie with the armpit hair? No thanks, lol.


b.

October 22, 2007 10:36 AM  
Blogger Gagger said...

It was a BLAST!

Yeah, I couldn't believe she was in front with those nasty, hairy arm pits. Gross.

October 22, 2007 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker