Thursday, October 18, 2007

So the past 2 1/2 weeks have been jam packed with activities...with my brother, his wife Monique and little baby Mia in town, with meeting them for lunch almost every day and then meeting them at one of my parent's houses every night, with the craziness of prepping for my annual work conference, with the BRC and visiting friends and with working the actual conference for 4 days. Man, I am beat! But everything was a blast.

I actually got to go home at noon yesterday. Went by the Apple store to ask a couple of questions and to check out their iPhone covers. Then I met my mom and we hit her gym...I haven't done ANYTHING active in ages and needed to get the ball rolling. Did the treadmill for 40 minutes and then weights for 30. I am sore today, but it's a good sore. After the gym we stopped by Kneaded Pleasures for a quick sandwich...delicious!

Later that night I attended my very first CAbi show. Kind of like a The Body Shoppe event at someone's house (or if you like old school references.....like a Tupperware Party), but with clothes instead. I actually had a great time. I'm not a big shopper, but trying on clothes and having someone experienced show you how different things can look, and having friends there to say "yay" or "nay" was a big help for this clothes retard.

Next up....showing my mom the CAbi catalog to see if she wants to buy me anything!!! Hee hee hee....

Someday I will post pics from the Burnet Road Challenge (for those not on the hash email list) and from Saturday night fun at the Gourds show. Those guys are hilarious!

P.S. Did I mention how much I loved working half a day and hitting the gym at 1:30pm?? It wasn't crowded at all. I could totally get used to that lifestyle!

2 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Kneaded Pleasures has the most fantastic coffee...wait, you don't like coffee do you?

Sigh....


The Cheesecake Gelato is AMAZING

October 19, 2007 12:35 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Coffee sucks, but their Turkey Club and carrot cake cupcakes ROCK!!!

October 19, 2007 2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker