Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Who Likes Pink??


So the night before mini-BRC night was also the day after my birthday...and the day I had to accept my punishment from the Betty Ford Clinic softball team. I had to pay for something I did "wrong." And by that I mean that I was voted on by the team to get punished for not wearing my team shirt at a weekend tournament...that was totally voluntary to go to...and it was over 100 degrees...so I wore a tank top! So sue me.

Well, good thing I met some friends for birthday drinks beforehand........because I was good and lubed up. Only thing was, I barely left enough time to race home, grab my team shirt and haul ass to the ballpark. I had to just throw on my shirt over my work clothes and I put my flip flops on in the car. As soon as I got to the softball fields I was given the item that I had to wear during the game, as well as the birthday hat, and I put both on right away. No protest. I hadn't seen the item yet, but I had heard about it. Man, I was a sight.....

Yep. I had to wear a pink jock strap on the outside of my clothes! Funny thing was, my team shirt is too big because they ordered the wrong size with my Jack symbol on it, so when I stood up you could barely see the jock strap. Not my fault. But since I thought it was soooo funny, I ended up tucking my shirt into my belt to make sure everyone at the fields could get a good laugh. I'm such a good sport. :)


What you don't know is that the team votes each week for someone to receive the Jackass award. The night they get voted on, they have to drink some nasty beer. Then during the next game they are required to wear this pink batting helmet and the pink JA shirt.

The Pinkies for the night.


3 Comments:

Blogger -tunnel said...

Happy BELATED birthday! Whew, still trying to catch up! On-On

October 08, 2007 11:53 PM  
Blogger Free Bus(c)h said...

Where does one get a hot pink jock strap??? I think we need one for my softball teams.

October 11, 2007 10:10 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Thanks Tunnel!

Not sure if they dyed it or what. I will ask!

October 12, 2007 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker