Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Doing a Test...


Tried out a new protein bar this morning for breakfast. It has 20 grams of protein in it! I like it better than my usual Kashi Go Lean bars. Ate it at 8am while driving to work. Now I just want to see when I will be hungry for lunch. It's doing a good job at keeping me full right now, so that's a good sign. The wimpy Special K breakfast bars are too tiny and I'm hungry one hour later. Although, I just noticed they now have Special K protein bars. I was buying the ceral bars.
So far, this Clif Builder's bar rocks!
Part 2: Well, the protein and the fiber portions both worked well. :)
This bar kept me full for 3 1/2 hours and I left for lunch at 11:30am (which is earlier than normal, but I beat the crowds). An hour after lunch and I'm tired and need a nap. I think the Quiet Room is calling my name!

4 Comments:

Blogger brownie said...

Let me know if you need more protein, I have a special low-calorie supplement for you...

September 26, 2007 10:59 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

OK since I have eaten almost every protein bar known to man...

Pure protein (chocolate flavors) are yummy, low cal and give you 20 grams of protein.

Myoplex types can be kinda nasty..:P

Detour bars are hella yummy but tons of sugar

Power bars are all pretty damn good.(Vanilla-YUM)

South Beach bars are not bad either, the cinnamon rocks...but they are kinda sweet.

ok sorry to post all this but maybe you will find one that works good for you.
:)

September 26, 2007 11:31 AM  
Blogger Gagger said...

JT: you are such the giving friend.

Thanks Trojan!

September 26, 2007 12:05 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

I have been meaning to post a review, but I need to look up the contents, calories, etc. of each bar. My list from most tasty to least so far: Powerbar Protein Plus, Powerbar Performance, Powerbar Triple Threat, Detour, Myoplex Deluxe.

September 26, 2007 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker