Monday, October 01, 2007

Mini-BRC

So working backwards still....the Friday before the Virgo Hash and MLH scouting trip, I met SMB and TAF for a mini-BRC night. They had some visitors in town from overseas and they wanted to show them some of our fine dive bars. I missed the Poodle Dog stop, but joined them at C. Hunt's. We then hit Ginny's. There was a huge bus parked outside and they must have all been tourists in town. I've never seen Ginny's so quiet, except for the loud ass chick singer. Kind of a downer. We wanted to see who was singing so we never came back when she was there. We bolted as soon as we finished our beer.

Next stop was Billy's. I was all excited to get my Frito Pie. The Brits thought this sounded interesting and they both got one as well. They seemed to like it, considering they ate it all. Damn, I love those things. I can't wait for it to get colder so I can make my homemade chili. Hells yeah!

After Billy's, we moved the party to the Pleasure Palace. I refrained from drinking a Reindeer's Tear because those things are potent...and I was laying trail the next morning and new it'd be long. Didn't want a repeat from 2 years ago.....I partied WAY too hard the night before, couldn't drive home, slept at a friend's house, had to get driven back to my car at the crack of dawn...out at Carlos N Charlie's in BFE, then race home to change, ate a leftover Taco Bell soft taco for breakfast and rushed to The Body's house. Let's just say that I had very little energy and after 4 hours we still weren't finished with laying trail. (I was told it would take 2 hours.) Padre gave me some of that Gu gel to eat. It was nasty, but helped. I was almost out of water and it was 100 degrees. Hovis had to come get us because we were lost and couldn't find the path that connected where we were trying to go. I mean, at one point, Padre took out a huge knife and was cutting us a path. Helloooo, if the deer can't get through, we can't either! So we shimmied/slid down a ravine that led to 2222. Hovis drove us up to the top so we could connect the trail from that direction. Thank god Body said, "I think you've had enough." So I went to Hovis' house for some water and to collapse.
That was my VERY FIRST trail laying experience! Now I always bring a protein bar while laying the Virgo Trail!
OH yeah...Here are all the pics from the mini-BRC.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pittchick said...

Frito pie? Please elaborate...

October 02, 2007 8:07 AM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Ahhh. The delicious Frito pie. It's not a pie like what you are used to. You put some Frito corn chips into a bowl, pour chili on top of that, then add shredded cheese (and onions if you like them). Voila!

At high school football games, they would have those mini bags of chips (like what you'd take to elementary school)...they'd cut off the top of the bag and just pour the chili right into the bag. I was obsessed with them!

October 02, 2007 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker