Thursday, September 27, 2007

Oh my God, Becky! Look who will be in Austin Friday night! Who wants to go see Ryan??

THE NINES with Ryan Reynolds and John August Live
Rated R; 99min; John August
7:00p (Fri), 10:00p (Fri)

Coming This Week to the Alamo South Lamar: THE NINES with RYAN REYNOLDS and JOHN AUGUST live!
We've been watching all sorts of out there movies all week long with FANTASTIC FEST raging strong, but everything I've seen for THE NINES so far has me convinced that I might be in for the biggest treat of the week this Friday, when we welcome RYAN REYNOLDS and writer/director JOHN AUGUST to the theater for a special pair of premiere screenings. The official trailer for the film makes it look like a thriller that I don't necessarily expect to understand.

But then there's lookforthenines.com, where August is running a "make your own trailer" competition and there are links to dozens of trailers on YouTube, and each one makes it look like an entirely different film. That's easy to do, of course, because the feature itself is comprised of three different shorts with the same actors playing different characters in different scenarios that seem to be only linked on a metaphysical plane, but still, what does that mean, really?

We can all find out together this Friday night, and then if we still have questions after the movie, we can ask Ryan and John in the Q&A. Something tells me that will be very helpful.

1 Comments:

Blogger Outdoorgirl said...

If I lived there I would stay 6 nights on concrete to get front row seats to talk to Ryan.... You will have to tell me all about it!!

September 27, 2007 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker