Thursday, March 13, 2008

Things don't always go as planned

When I arrived at 3:45pm to the Victory Grill yesterday, I saw my co-worker and went up to him. He immediately had a bad look on his face. Turns out, they had to cancel their 4pm show due to the lead singer losing his voice. And since their actual SXSW showcase was at 8pm that night, they killed the free day show.

Lesley still met me and we decided to check out the band that moved into TSO's spot. I really liked them...enough to buy their CD. They are called Southeast Engine and are from Athens, OH.

Next up, we bolted for the Saucer for free glass night. Upon arriving, Padre notified us that the glass shipment didn't make it! Something about the weather. Boo hiss. But, they gave us IOUs for the special St. Patrick's Day glasses anyways. We had a large group show up, which is always fun. And then when leaving, I found a huge table of my non-hasher friends. Chatted with them for a bit before heading off to snoozeland.

There was no way I was gonna make it to an 11pm show. I was just too tired. My original plan was to see that 11pm show, then go chill outside of Stubb's for REM's midnight show. Since I don't have a wristband or badge, there would be no way I could get in. But I haven't seen them since their Green Tour back in 1989. Thought it'd be cool to at least hear them from outside the gates. Oh well, I was probably in REM sleep by midnight. Hee hee hee. :)

So, things didn't go as I had imagined them to go yesterday, but I still had a great time! Gotta be able to roll with whatever comes your way.

Tonight it's trail preparations...just wait until you see the food we are concocting for the Green Dress Run this Sunday! It's gonna be sooooooo yummy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

great attitude:)

March 14, 2008 12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker