Monday, October 06, 2008

Last day to register to vote!

The deadline to make your voice heard is upon us. Today is the final day for residents to register to vote in the November 4 election. Voter registration applications can be picked up at post offices, public libraries, hospitals, churches and most local grocery stores. Applications are also available here, if you live in Austin.

The following Austin locations will be open from 8 a.m. until midnight tonight to complete voter registration: the Travis County tax office on Airport Boulevard, Freebirds at Hancock Center, Güero's on South Congress Avenue, City Market on Airport Boulevard and all Thundercloud Subs and Blockbuster video stores.

9 Comments:

Blogger K-Dub said...

I bought the Sex and the City movie and registered to vote all in one fell swoop! haha!

October 06, 2008 2:53 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I mailed mine in yesterday...serious kudos for posting this.

October 07, 2008 7:28 AM  
Blogger brownie said...

This has become the lamest blog on the internet.

October 07, 2008 8:16 AM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Wow... the blog is lame and full of voting posers! Voter registration does not expire in Travis County so these people did not vote in the primary, or any other election in the recent past. Shame on you!

October 07, 2008 8:34 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I voted in SA the last presidential elections...but that is all.

October 07, 2008 9:56 AM  
Blogger K-Dub said...

Oh no, no, my friend. I vote in almost every election. However, you are correct, I did not vote in the primary because I was out of town.

October 07, 2008 10:57 AM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

If you vote in almost every election, why did you need to register again? (and buy SITC--OMG!)

Just wonderin'

October 07, 2008 12:14 PM  
Blogger K-Dub said...

Because I moved. My precinct is different. I can drive to a different part of town to vote, but I'd rather have the convenience of literally WALKING across the street.

October 07, 2008 2:21 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

OK, you're forgiven. Except for the SITC part!

October 07, 2008 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker