Thursday, June 29, 2006

CoTex pre-lube: Thursday - El Paso, TX

So, my step-mom took me to the airport on the evening of June 8 and I met Wet Spot there. Luckily, she called me from Subway where she was getting some dinner because I ended up having her grab me a sandwich as well. Turns out that everything in our brand new little “International” airport in Austin shuts down at 8pm! WTF? So my ritual of going to Schlotzsky’s at ABIA before my flight was messed up. Oh well.

Anyway, we finally got to El Paso after some turbulence and found Dusty waiting for us. The 3 of us headed to our favorite little Tex-Mex hotel, the Mesa Inn. We called Butt Darts from the Border Jumper hash and found out they were at our beloved King’s X. They were supposed to be at some new bar across the street, but it wasn’t open yet. Around 10pm we headed over to King's. We met a bunch of really sweet and fun BJ hashers and they had a bunch of beers waiting for us. They thought there were going to be more than 3 of us. Not to worry….we had no problem finishing off all those pitchers! Next thing I know, there’s this guy with the Shocker Machine! The same one I saw in Mexico during Tex-Mex where the guy wanted us to pay him to shock us. Insane. Well, this apparently was free and somehow he convinced our entire table to hold hands and let this current run through us. Was quite freaky and I, of course, screamed and jumped up from the table. I’m such a whimp. Then it was time for the guys to be all macho and try to outdo each other by having the current turned up higher and higher. Stupid boys.

After many laughs and many, many beers, it was finally time to head home to the hotel so we could get a little rest before our drive to Ruidoso the next morning…we had a big weekend ahead of us!

Here are the pre-lube pics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker