Thursday, June 08, 2006

Lincoln, Beckett & the ASS Hunt

Ok, I know I'm behind again on posting pictures...I'm trying to get a few more posted today before I head [who said head?] out of town today....

So, on Friday, May 19, I was headed to Costco to go shopping for the ASS [Austin Sailing Society] Hunt when I got the call. My A&M buddies Tehra and Joe called to invite me to a little BBQ. Now I knew the night before the Hunt was going to be a busy one, but I hadn't seen these friends since a wedding I was in back in November, and I hadn't seen their kids in almost a year! I swear, once friends get married and have kids, you rarely see them. Tehra and Joe used to be my beer drinking, crazy fun, festival buddies. I always have a blast with them. I really need to make a better effort to see them more. The last time I saw their boys was at Spamarama last year and their youngest boy was 3 weeks old...he is now about to turn 1 year old! So I stopped by their house after shopping for the ASS Hunt and hung out with them for 2 hours. Was a great time! Those little boys are hilarious and are growing up so quickly! I'm sure nobody really cares and you’re wondering where all the pics from the Memorial Weekend hash are, so I'll move on.

Pics are here.

I then went home to pack up some stuff for the fun-filled weekend that was ahead and carted everything over to the Keever’s house around 10pm. We had to finish up the final preparations for the Hunt…make the booty bins, prepare maps, print out the rules, stuff the bags for the Captains, cut out my pirate tattoos, etc. I think we went to sleep around 2am, right?


Arrrgh!

Saturday morning came way too soon for my tired eyes, but it was time to get crackin’. We finally all got ready, loaded up the cars and headed to Marshall Ford Marina to set up. I wasn’t exactly sure what the plan was, but I knew I was supposed to take pictures of everyone and everything all day long. blASSt ZONE shuttled us over to the large Sometimes Island on Batamaran and the picture fun began. Got a lot of shots of all the sailboats coming in to the island to check in, as well as some shots of the naval warfare from GREAT DANE PAIN’S GDMFMB. We also kept checking all of the booty bins that were floating in the water. A couple of them were swiped, so redistribution of the booty had to be done. After that, I pretty much remained on Sometimes Island for the remainder of the warfare. Laughed my arse off when I saw the Mangia boat...

I guess I finally started to drink more heavily once the game part of the day was finished because I didn’t even remember who shuttled me back to the marina until someone told me the next morning. Anyway, back at the marina it was time for dinner, awards and the slide show.

I remember sitting on the side, talking with BONESUCKER, BABY G, Jeff, Larsen and some others. Took some swigs from the liquor bottle…what was it again? Whiskey or rum…who can remember? BONESUCKER somehow talked Larsen out of his shirt…so what occurs? They switch tops. Unfortunately for Larsen, he only gets a bathing suit top out of it! I think he ended up whining about wanting his shirt back, so they switched again. But it was funny for a little bit. Now here is when things start to get very foggy. I heard Rob asking if anyone wanted to go night sailing on Infinity…I immediately jumped up and followed the little group he had assembled. Let’s see….it was Rob & Lynn, Grabber & Ava [sp?], Oldag, PADRE, BONESUCKER, BABY G and myself…anyone else? I can’t recall! Man, night sailing absolutely rocks. So, back to the story…

So BONESUCKER was using my lap as a pillow and dozing in and out of sleep when…whammy! The boat tilted over and she rolled off the seat onto the floor. Guess that woke her up! Next thing I recall was nabbing one of the couch seats to sleep on. Thanks BABY G for letting me borrow your jacket. I still need to clean it for you.

I woke up SUPER early on Sunday morning and wandered the marina, taking a few more pictures of the calm water. Walked all the way around, up and back down to the other side to see if anyone on blASSt ZONE’s boat was awake. No such luck. So I just stretched out on the dock and dozed off for a bit. A little bit later they started waking up and we were wondering where the heck Jeff & Megan went because we could tell their boat was locked up…Jeff was in charge of making his famous breakfast tacos and the natives were getting restless! We finally saw them arrive back at the marina and the breakfast festivities began. But not before crazy Jeff jumped in the water to swim over to his boat due to his laziness at walking up and all the way around the docks!
Check out the concoction he made…man, it was like heart attack in a skillet…but DEE-LISH!

Once breakfast was over and everyone started heading home, blASSt ZONE said he wanted to go sailing, so we rounded up our stuff and set sail. It was myself, CUMONIWANALAYA, blASSt ZONE, JUST BARBARA and Alex. Another gorgeous day.

But wait, there’s more! We were now quite hungry and decided to make cowboy burgers. Those things are scrumptious. By then we were pretty tired and lazy and decided to watch a movie…The Chronicles of Narnia. I actually liked it. Didn’t think I would.

Several hashers are ASSers, so check out all the pics!

3 Comments:

Blogger Asian Princess said...

Sounds like a great time. Unfortunately I find the pic of Chris in a bikini top very disturbing...especially being hung over.

Cheers

June 08, 2006 11:02 AM  
Blogger babyG said...

I realy, realy, realy need to go sailing !!!!!

June 08, 2006 10:10 PM  
Blogger babyG said...

I need a boat !

June 08, 2006 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker