Monday, November 13, 2006

It's a Curry Cookoff!

I forgot to include all the pics. The link is

After the judging ceremony, it was time to get our drink on and watch more football. High Beams' friend Darla mentioned that she had a bunch of wine in her trunk since she had just gone to some sale at Central Market. Bad idea to tell us that! She kept going to her car to get "one more bottle." I kept saying in my head that I was gonna leave after I finished my glass, but Darla kept going around refilling everyone's glasses...so it never ended. I had to make sure I could drive home since I was in BFE South Austin. Last thing I remember at her house was sitting on the floor with Taz...a super sweet dog.


I finally decided to head towards home and ended up calling in a food order at CS. Hung out for a while on the red couches. I'm told I dozed off for almost an hour. WTF? Also, I apparently talk in my sleep because they told me the next day that every now and then I'd wake up and say something...like, "Krapow" or "beer." (Krapow is one of my favorite dishes there.) When I did wake up, I found that all the waitstaff was sitting around the couches, eating dinner having their post-work meeting! I guess all that wine did me in.....

Had to pass on going to Graffiti's and Homer's for last call that night. I was partied out. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Wasn't it just a few months back that you didn't enjoy spicy Thai food? Now look at you...going to curry cook offs and ordering out at Chon:) That is awesome progress.

November 13, 2006 6:49 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Hey Gagger! What's up? Did you here the news?

C-4 and I are adding another wee-one to the pack! Woo hoo! We're due in July!

November 14, 2006 4:27 AM  
Blogger Gagger said...

I've actually always enjoyed spicy stuff...just new to curry last year! Thanks to Nat & Marisa to introducing me to new dishes before the restaurant even opened up.
But seriously, the dishes at the curry cookoff last year were HOT.

I did just see the news late last night. Congrats to NBN and C-4!!!

November 14, 2006 8:57 AM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

you were totally passed out before I left Chon Som, if I did not respect the Asians so much, you would have totally been tea bagged

November 14, 2006 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker