Friday, November 10, 2006

My week

Ok, so last night a few non-hasher friends of mine got together to make several casseroles. Why would I do this on a Thursday night you ask? Well, on Tuesday morning as I was driving to work I got a call from one of my college buddies who lives here in town. She informed me that our friend who has colon cancer had a really bad episode and was taken to the hospital. Things don't sound good at all and I wasn't expecting to hear this yet. So it's been a rough few days.

Tuesday night my ASS friends were having their monthly meeting so I decided to join them so I wasn't sitting at home by myself getting more and more sad. Plus, they have $2 pints on Tuesdays...anything on tap! I know I shouldn't just drink my sorrows away, but that's what I did.

Last night we decided to do something more constructive...thus, the casserole dishes. Now M&M's family can freeze them and whenever they need some home cooked food, it is ready for them. We actually found out that their freezer and fridge is already jam packed with food. Friends are so wonderful during times if need. :) Luckily, the house we prepared the dishes at is a street away from M&M, so our tasty concoctions will be close by.

So, if I don't show up to events this weekend, you know why. I just won't know my mood until later. Plus, a crying girl isn't fun anyway.

Take care,
Jen

P.S. I did get at least one good laugh last night. After cooking, we watched The Office. Oh my goodness....Jim and the future fax was HILARIOUS!!! Ok, maybe it was because I had finished off a bottle of wine.

No...wait. I still think that was hysterical. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

I am sorry to hear about your unwell friend, hope things get better for you soon.

November 10, 2006 12:21 PM  
Blogger brownie said...

I thought you were crying because I nominated you for hash hotline!

November 10, 2006 12:32 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Thanks guys. :)

November 10, 2006 2:11 PM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

I hope things look up for your friend, soon. It's great that he's got a fantastic support network.

November 10, 2006 3:05 PM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

hey if you need anything, ESPECIALLY a drinking buddy, you know my number.

November 10, 2006 7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker