Tuesday, August 14, 2007

August Pub Run

So last Thursday I was officially dog sitting for my mom. I skipped out of work 30 minutes early, went home to take the pups on a long walk, fed them and then changed clothes for the Back to School Pub Run. Picked up Two Drinks Away From My Sister and we headed down to Jack & Adam's for the start. A lot of folks dressed up, so it was fun to see everyone's outfits.

The first order of business was to find out who the lucky number 100 was in registering as an Austin Duathlete. I think they got a free membership for the year, in addition to a pretty cool gift bag of stuff. And guess who won? Stay Free With Wings! I've never seen him on a pub run before and he comes out and wins. It was good seeing the very first hasher who almost killed me! Yep, my first trail was a Stay Free trail.....those are tough. But I lived and continued to hash.


Ok, so I'm off on another tangent......

This was also the first pub run for Grabber to attend.

Here we are at the Side Bar.


Some new friends.


Tim & Carri at Darwin's


JJ

Darwin's is always a fun stop. They have cheap beer and great music. I asked Panther why it's always our 2nd stop...it should be the last one, or at least 2nd to last! Anyway, good times at Darwin's. I had my very fist vodka bomb. It was excellent! Thanks to Two Drinks for suggesting that one. :) Oh yeah, Darwin's was our first spotting of Lulu.....and man, she had been drinking for a while already! She got up on the bar and shook her booty. I have no idea how she didn't fall off or kick over anyone's drinks.


Panther also entertained us with his cheerleading skills.


From there we headed to Wahoo's Fish Tacos. I'd never been there before and it seemed like a cool place. Had some shots here with Grabber....Jameson, of course. That's when I noticed the mustard bottle next to some wine and wine glasses. What's that all about?


Holy smokes....I lost the longest tongue challenge!

The last stop was the Gingerman. Probably a good thing that the numbers had cleared out...we had all had a lot to drink by now. At the very end I remember 4 of us being there.

Beer and Bacon....ok, beer and bacon flavored toothpicks! Apparently, I thought they were kick-ass that night.....

We all decided it was probably time to call it quits. I still needed to drive to my mom's house to take care of the dogs. Kenny and I took a pedicab back to our cars and I made it home safely to find some doggy throw up on the floor of the laundry room. Left that for the next day. I was starving because I never ate dinner. Saw some bananas on the counter and downed one. At least, I found the peel remains on the counter the next morning and deduced that one.....

You can see all of the pics here. What a GREAT TIME!!!! Can't wait for the September run. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger brownie said...

SFWW used to do the pub runs all the time back when they first started.

August 14, 2007 4:06 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

OIC.

August 14, 2007 4:28 PM  
Blogger Happy Sock said...

Looks like a great time! I need to get down to Austin sometime to run/drink with you guys! Are you coming to CO anytime soon?

August 14, 2007 4:58 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

We were actually discussing how shocking it was that I did not fall off the bar last night at the Horseshoe. I remember the bartender offering support at one point. That could have turned the Pub Run bad real quick-like.

August 15, 2007 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker