Sunday, August 05, 2007

Syringe Shots!

On Friday I tried to get some folks to go see the Bourne Ultimatum. One friend told me to skip the movie and meet them for drinks. It was the end of the quarter and all the Dell folks were boozin' it up. Some got to leave work at 3pm, some 4pm. I of course, worked until 5pm and was almost to Opal Divine's when I got the change of venue text. They were moving to the Tilted Kilt.

From there we wanted a dive bar. We thought the Common Interest sounded fun, plus Robyn had a friend who was supposed to be there. I mentioned the Mad Cowboys at Carousel, but that got shot down because it was further away and we were already meeting someone at CI. Did you know that it has been totally remodled? I forgot that it burned down and hadn't seen how they fixed it up. It actually looks too nice now! Not the smokey dive bar that I recall. But I'm glad that it didn't smell like smoke anymore.

I've never seen this before. I mean, I took tequila shots out of a syringe at the 1st I Can't Believe It's Not Mexico H3 campout, but never a syringe jello shot! It was weird, but fun at the same time.

We were the only table in the entire place that had fun with the shots. I mean, seriously...how could you not play with them?!

Don't think we're in the correct order, but oh well....we had been drinking awhile!

The guy in the black shirt is the one who kept buying us all of the syringe shots. Thanks Dell guy!

Beth sang Black Velvet.

Much later that night we decided it was time to head out because we were hungry. Ended up having a slumber party at my casa since Beth and Robyn couldn't drive. Good times, good times.

8 Comments:

Blogger brownie said...

You're so behind the times, Kimchi had syringes at a hash almost a year ago.

August 05, 2007 6:15 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah...were they that big though?!

August 06, 2007 8:19 AM  
Blogger Outdoorgirl said...

Yes they were, it was scary!

August 06, 2007 8:21 AM  
Blogger brownie said...

Yeah, it was for our annual "heroin junkie" hash.

August 06, 2007 9:00 AM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

I woul dhave seen Bourne with you! The hubby tried to take me Friday night, but I was beat. Hopefully this week!

August 06, 2007 9:14 AM  
Blogger brownie said...

By the way, did yunz guys actually drink the syringes, or just pose for pictures with them? You know there's alcohol on the inside, right?

August 06, 2007 9:40 AM  
Blogger Gagger said...

I ended up going to see Bourne on Sunday. Another good one, but the camera techniques were annoying at times.

Duh, I had 3 of the jello shots!

August 06, 2007 10:35 AM  
Blogger Jerri said...

Just don't let Crack Shot near you with a syringe...

August 08, 2007 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker