Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Bruised Knees and Such....

My knees got bruised last night......from boot camp! Oh yeah, and all of my muscles are sore. Those bleacher drills on Monday night kicked my booty. I woke up at 4am and could barely get off the couch to get up to use the restroom. Yes, I slept on the couch last night...washed my sheets and haven't put them back on my bed yet. I ended up going to Strap-On Elvis' house straight from class to help him and a couple of others unload his U-Haul. If you haven't heard...he bought a new house! Then we hung out and ate dinner. Got home late and didn't have the energy to make my bed.

Anyway, the past 2 nights were really tough workouts, but that's a good thing. I'm trying to get my lazy arse back in shape and running just hasn't sounded good lately. So I'm enjoying doing random exercises that are different every single class.

My mom gave me one of those Polar watches that shows your heart rate and calories burned, etc. Damn, Monday's workout had me reaching the highest BPM so far. I need to work on that. I've got several workouts logged now and will be charting those eventually. I'm curious to see them all laid out at once. Only drawback to the watch is that it's pink. Yeah, I know. I haven't liked that color since 6th and 7th grade. I guess a little pink in my life won't kill me. I mean, it was free! Thanks mom. :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

I LOVE my pink polar watch...you are officially in the pink polar club...not that you wanted to be in it.

Seriously though..it helps you get into that fat burning zone and just kickass plus it holds a diary of the previous weeks calories.

keep it up!

August 01, 2007 3:36 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Bruised knees? Remember to wear kneepads next time!

August 01, 2007 3:44 PM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

I despise pink as well!

August 01, 2007 7:34 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

I do like tracking my calories and BPMs on the watch!

Yay! I'm not the lone anti-pink chick. :)

August 02, 2007 10:09 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

AG...You might even push yourself more just to see what is reflected on that dang pink contraption..

How many push-ups are you up to now?

August 02, 2007 11:04 AM  
Blogger Gagger said...

I'm sure not many. Let's just say that my arms suck!

August 02, 2007 2:03 PM  
Blogger brownie said...

Bruised knees? Wow, musta been one hell of a Dirty Sanchez!

August 03, 2007 4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker