Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Of Dry Creeks and Blue Stars

The night before the Tour de Fat, I hung out with some non-hasher friends I hadn't seen in awhile. We met up at the Dry Creek Saloon. That place looks different. It's kind of weird all cleaned up and painted. No more rusty, mismatched chairs, no more rickety old tables that lean so badly that you have to just hold your beer or it'd tip over. They have new folding chairs that are red and blue with Corona on them. It seems like they painted the patio floor too because my shoes kept sticking to the paint. Then, there is a big new house being built right behind the patio. So when you are trying to enjoy the beautiful sunset view, you see this big house. I was told it's the crotchety old lady's son who is building the house.

Other than the weirdness of those things, it was a gorgeous evening with gorgeous weather. I just love Fall! After a few beers, we were hungry for dinner. Another group of friends was headed to the Blue Star Cafeteria. I've never been there, so decided to tag along. I mean, it's on Burnet Road not too far from Billy's, so how bad could it be?! It's not a true cafeteria type like Luby's....you have a waitress. The tables are a little close, but that just makes it more cozy, right? I really enjoyed myself. Maybe that's because of the beers at Dry Creek and the alcohol at Blue Star...maybe that's because of the fun company. We had a table of 12. Brooke just makes me laugh anywhere I am! I loved everything I sampled as well. I would definitely go back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker