Monday, November 19, 2007

Weekend Recap

Had a good weekend. Well, Friday started off yucky. My eyes were killing me all day Friday. I wish I knew what I was allergic to. Was mold or ragweed high or something? Those things seem to bother me lately. By the end of the day, I was ready to go home and do nothing...and it was Friday! Skipped out of work early and barely made it over to my mom's house. Felt like a drunk driver because I was so spacey and could barely see. Ate an early dinner and played with the dogs and started to feel better. Eyes no longer red and watery.

Got a call from Elvis, so I headed over to his house. Haven't hung out with Stef (Hippie Swallow) in ages and she moves to Colorado soon. :( When I got there, Elvis, Kristin and Stef were watching the Usual Suspects...love that move, BTW. K-Dub cooked dinner...a mixture of spaghetti and pizza. I think her family actually calls it spaghetti pizza...DEE-LISH! Yes, I ate dinner twice...but they were served 3 1/2 hours apart!

Woke up on Elvis' couch and bolted home to get ready for a day of shopping with my mom. She had some awesome coupons (spend $100 and get $50 off), plus some other ones. I think we (and when I say we, I mean, my mom) saved a couple hundred dollars! I scored some new work clothes as well as some regular stuff. Thanks Mama! After shopping we got a bite to eat and then it was time to rush home to shower and get ready for the evening's festivities.

Brownie and I met up with Lulu, Slut Slinger and Lesley at Lovejoy's.



Note that my co-worker's band The Story Of plays this Wednesday!!!Had some pre-concert drinks and then we were off to see Nickel Creek at Stubb's. Wow. I hadn't seen that place so packed EVER! We couldn't really see much way in the back and wanted to squeeze closer. I noticed a large guy coming back with beers just ahead of us. Told Wanker to follow me and we used the big guy to get through the crowd. Only problem was, when he stopped, we were right on top of people. Eventually, a small space opened up and we had pretty decent "seats." (It's a standing room only outdoor area, in case you aren't familiar with the awesomeness that is Stubb's.)

The funny thing is that Brownie never got what I was trying to do. I said, "Slut and Lesley called and said they are in the middle over there." Then he'd say, "They aren't at this concert. They went to see Blue October." Well, no shit! I was trying to make it seem like we weren't just trying to squeeze in and piss folks off....we were meeting folks who saved us a spot. We must have had that conversation 4-5 times before I gave up on him understanding. I guess everyone can't be smart like me. :)

Oh yeah...the door nazi wouldn't let me in with my camera when we first arrived...as if it's some kick-ass professional one. Whatever. So I had to walk back to my car to drop it off. So these are the only pics I got at the concert...with my iPhone. I wasn't too still, so they are blurry...but you get the picture.


After the show we headed to Penile Probe's going away party at Tuck It & DBD's house. Discovered that PP had gotten married to Huh? Exactly. He married that chick that we named, Huh? You know...the girl who kept saying WHERE'S PP?!?! the morning after Hill Country's 200 Hash weekend....at the crack of dawn...waking everyone up.



Sunday morning I woke up way too early. Went to go get my favorite kolaches and then took a nap on the couch. Hit the Austin hash. More on that later. It's freezing inside the Pluck and I'm ready to go home!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Good thing that chick who married P.P. doesn't read your blog...

she'd be pissed.

November 20, 2007 2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker