Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Holidays

So I've been living at my mom's house since December 19. My brother Michael, his wife Monique and little 18 month old Mia have been in town visiting and it makes it easier if we're all under the same roof. One of the funny things I've learned is that Mia's favorite song is "Stronger," by Kanye West. Seriously? She calls it "O" because at one point in the song he goes, "Ooooooo" over and over again. It cracks me up. The very first thing she will say once we get in the car is, "Daddy, O." And as soon as the song is over she starts saying it again until we replay it. It's funny to watch her dance to it. My brother didn't play children's songs when she was a baby...he always just played his music, so now he isn't stuck listening to classical or kids music in the car.

Another thing is that "Js" must be really hard to say because she can't say "Jenny." What she would say sounded a little like, "AayGee." And from that she started calling me "Aggie." Little does she know, I AM an Aggie! So now I'm Aunt Aggie.

One of my gifts from my mom this year is a fancy schmancy watch. I got a Garmin Forerunner 205! It totally rocks. I tried it out this afternoon for the first time. It's fun to watch my pace....and see just how slow I am. I can only get better from here. Went out for a 28 minute run (or should I say, jog/walk) today. It was absolutely gorgeous here. A perfect day to be outside running. Yesterday I tried out my mom's new bad ass treadmill. I decided not to fight the 35 mph wind and check it out. You can plug in your iPod or even your iPhone and it has killer speakers. Totally rad for those indoor days. That was another 28 minute run. So 2 days in a row so far. Wonder how long I will keep it up?! Hopefully for a while after all the food I've eaten so far over the holidays. My mom has cooked so much delicious stuff...dinner type foods as well as sweets. Everywhere you turn there is food! And I mean good stuff.

(Ha! Another post. You didn't say it couldn't be about my family!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Impala Mama said...

Yay Aunt Aggie!! You have the coolest niece, ever.

December 27, 2007 11:34 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Whoa...those Garmins are NICE. Great present.

December 28, 2007 8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker