Friday, March 17, 2006

Ring of Fire/Walk the Line


1st Beer Check - the unmanned cooler

Sunday, Feb 26 was the Johnny Cash "Ring of Fire" Birthday Trail. So I'm a little behind in posting hash photos...let's see what I can remember about trail. We met out in BFE near the lake, in front of an ugly colored house....a lovely teal/turquoise. The picture of it does not do it justice. Most everyone wore black for Johnny and his music was playing to get us in the mood to properly prepare us for celebrating Johnny's life.

1st beer check was an unmanned cooler. NOT a smart idea when hashers are involved. I think it was STRAP-ON ELVIS' idea to stay there until all the beer was gone...and we did. That meant I was one of the last ones in at the 2nd check. As I was arriving, instructions on which direction to go were being given. I didn't really listen because I was too busy locating a beer in the cooler. Upon leaving this 2nd check, I decided to try to short cut the trail and I followed CORNHOLIO, who was in turn following STRAP-ON ELVIS, HIPPIE SWALLOW and BITCH, JAMES BITCH. Yeah....not a good idea. The trails did not connect like we thought and we were now very, very lost. We must have run around in circles for an hour. Finally found some flour marks and were elated...only to then run into 3 arrows pointing in the direction we had just run. ARRGGGHHH!!!!! So we turned around and went back the way we had just come.

Once we finally made it to the On-In, I was immediately informed that all the queso had already been devoured. Another ARRGGGHHH!!! I was now STARVING so I crammed some food down my face before circle...hamburger patty in a tortilla, bratwurst in a tortilla, peanut butter inside a tortilla [seeing a pattern here?], and of course, a few Cheetos. We skipped the official On-On-On and headed towards Plucker's for $2 shots. After that, we ended up at (Massive) SLUT SLINGER'S house. DAY OLD FISH whipped up some spaghetti and meatballs. Mmm, dee-lish!

Johnny Cash pics

On March 4, SOCIAL RETARD and I saw Walk the Line at the Alamo Drafthouse. Excellent movie and excellent theater. Oh how I love the Alamo.....

Hopefully this weekend I'll get caught up on my posts!

On-On to St. Paddy's Day party. :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Been wanting to see that flick...heard it was just wonderful.

March 17, 2006 4:43 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

You went on a date with Social? I just knew she was a lesbian

March 17, 2006 4:47 PM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

try sitting in a hot tub with the girl watching her make out with another girl. Okay so it wasn't that bad, but why couldn't I joy in, there was room

March 17, 2006 4:50 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

We saw it after we scouted trail one day.

And yes...go see it! Very good flick.

March 17, 2006 5:03 PM  
Blogger Spotty said...

Nice crotch shot of Chief...who put that beer in the way?

March 18, 2006 3:24 PM  
Blogger BRAE said...

I saw this movie at the Alamo Drafthouse also.

March 18, 2006 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker