Monday, April 10, 2006

April 7-9 Weekend on the Lake: Day One

So there I was, trying to get through Friday traffic so I could have fun on the lake for Babsie's [JUST BARBARA] birthday. I was going to attend my very first Floating Friday Happy Hour on Lake Travis. I made a quick stop at Tuscany Market to pick up some wine because they usually carry a favorite of mine, Proyecto 4, and Babsie likes red wine. They were sold out! I grabbed an old standby favorite [The Stump Jump] and tried a new one as well.


I finally arrived at the marina and got situated on the Keever's [blASSt ZONE & CUMONAWANALAYA] sailboat. We headed over to Devil's Cove and met up with some other A.S.S. folks. We then got a call from TUCK IT, wondering what was going on after the Lovejoy's happy hour, so he and DBD headed to the lake as well. We had a good group on the Keever's boat: blASSt ZONE, CUMONAWANALAYA, JUST BARBARA, SPHINCTER BLINKER, JUST BRIDGETT, DEATH BY DILDO, TUCK IT UP THE BUTT, Tina [non-hasher friend of Babsie's] and myself. Thanks to GREAT DANE PAIN for shuttling folks in his motor boat to and from the marina next to Carlos 'n Charlie's!

We then broke out the b-day snacks, put away the beer and brought out the wine. Everything was delicious...Janna even made some shrimp. Had good times chilling in the cove with good friends. Next thing I know, GREAT DANE PAIN was about to head out for his one and only shuttle drop off, so most everyone split. Once he returned, the boys wanted to play 42, but I'm not big on dominoes. I play Spades, but we needed 4 people anyway and Janna had crashed out already. Somehow we went from sitting around the table, ready to play games, to all crashed out.

I woke up in the middle of the night, freezing cold, to find that Hovis had bailed. Guess we took up all the sleeping areas in the cabin and he must have been quite cold on his boat. Janna and I needed to use the bathroom, but we soon found that it was completely full. Nothing like having to pump pee into a bucket at 5am. Thanks to Darin [blASSt ZONE] for taking care of that unpleasant situation! We decided it was time to close up the cabin due to the dropping temperature and Janna realized that I didn't have a blanket. So with the cabin closed off and a sleeping bag, I was finally cozy and warm.

What a great night! Unfortunately, my digital camera is officially not snapping photos anymore, so no pics until I get the link from Janna and/or Gordon. I couldn't even bring one of my film cameras because both batteries were dead. Oh well...back to Best Buy I go to ship off my digital. :(

4 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

So you would be the digital camera Guru at this point, right? Do you have a brand you recommend?

April 10, 2006 7:31 PM  
Blogger babyG said...

I had a lot of fun on Sunday, I'm going to have to check out the Friday night thing and see about becomeing and ass-er ...lol

April 10, 2006 10:02 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

I love Canon's digital cameras. They take great quality shots w/good color and are very user friendly.

Sunday rocked! Have to post Sat and Sunday's festivities later...too tired tonight.

April 10, 2006 10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

May 05, 2006 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker