Wednesday, March 29, 2006

TXIH06 Day 1 - The Pub Crawl

Thursday, what can I say? Drunkeness and Drama!

I slept in on Thursday due to partying the night before at Cedar Street for JUST LESLEY'S B-day. Damn the timing. Anyway, had some errands to run, finished packing and finally made it over to Crown & Anchor around 4pm. Let the festivities begin! BROWNIE paid up on his bet...sort of. I got my Colorado Vodka...in miniature form. Classic Brownie maneuver. After an excellent bacon cheeseburger and some beer, we decided it was time to head over to the downtown area. Only thing was, BANANA CREME PIE had left for dinner with her folks. So I now had the 3 Colorado peeps, plus DAY OLD FISH and FRIAR FUCK in my car, as well as all of my camping gear, luggage, coolers, food, etc.

Somehow we all squeezed in and came up to a light just past the Posse East. Let's just say there was a lot of yelling from drunkards in my car. [They started drinking before their flight at 6am.] At one point a runner went by and someone yelled, "Run Forrest, Run!" The guy ran over to our car and MEATGAZER asked if he wanted some alcohol. He took her Screwdriver jug and poured it all over the roof of my car. Jackhole! We somehow make it through the UT campus, yelling at random people along the way [with my Aggie license plate car]. We get a call from LATE NIGHT DRIVE THRU and tell her to meet us at Lovejoy's. Marshall, one of the cool LJ's bartenders, rocks! MEATGAZER and I both scored free Jager shots from him. We down some beer, run into more hashers and decide we want to walk around a bit to show the out-of-towners some of 6th Street. Only bad thing was that only a few bars were open at that time.

We wandered into The Library and to our joy, realize they have $1 wells. Let's just say we stayed here awhile! And they also have a Jack Daniel statue like the one EL SMEETS bought for $500...in color! It was now about 6:30pm so we thought we should head back to Lovejoy's for the beginning of the Pub Crawl. Things start to get a little fuzzy here. I remember following trail to the 2nd bar: The Side Bar. Don't remember that much here at all. Next thing I know, me, BATT and MEATGAZER head to Mugshots. We ran into BROWNIE and BANANA here. I have almost no recollection of this bar whatsoever. Hopefully my pictures will piece back the night.

Somehow we lost BROWNIE and BANANA because the next thing I recall is being at Whataburger with MEAT and BATT when the distressed call came in. "Meat, come get me. All our stuff is in the street!" I guess in my drunkeness and trying to hurry to pick up Wanker Boy, I spilled my drink. How does one get it only on the left shoe, all over the butt of the jeans and all inside the center console cup holders? Craziness. Somehow we finally find BANANA'S old house and manage to cram all of their luggage into my car. Now this is what I wish I had a picture of...BATT was smushed underneath all of the luggage and BROWNIE and MEAT were crammed in the front seat. Poor MEAT became so chlaustrophobic, we had to pull over so she could barf in some parking lot. I think it was Central Market!

Luckily, we finally made it back up North to my place. I don't recall the kitchen floor wrestling. Guess BROWNIE won that round. Next thing I know, I'm giving directions to my place to PENILE PROBE and MOODY BLUES. Once they showed up, we had a few beers with them and then it was time to crash out. Six bodies scattered all over my condo. Good times, good times....from what I recall!

Here are the pics from Day 1 of TXIH06. Enjoy!

9 Comments:

Blogger BH said...

Yea! Fishy is wearing his License to Swill shirt. Good on ya!

Focker - damn boy! Cut your hair already! :-) I miss that man.

March 29, 2006 3:27 PM  
Blogger babyG said...

I was there all weekend, but I still feel like I missed so much.

March 29, 2006 10:07 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

You're welcome! You guys are welcome anytime. I had so much more fun with y'all at my house and in my car on the way to the campout. :)

March 30, 2006 8:25 AM  
Blogger Denial Queen said...

LMAO! also included: from Heavin' S- fishy is polluted do you mind driving him home?-(to Cadaver's) .....and that was only thursday night...

March 30, 2006 10:54 AM  
Blogger Spotty said...

Oohhh!! Those were some cute Random Crown & Anchor boys!

March 30, 2006 12:46 PM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

damn, I wonder what the night would have been like if they had not put me in a cab. DOF MIA presumed drunk in an alley downtown or in a homeless shelter.

March 31, 2006 10:31 AM  
Blogger MB said...

Gagger, you have been "enshrined" on my blog. (we were bored at last night's Hash and you would be surprised what you can get a bunch of drunk Hashers to do)

March 31, 2006 5:39 PM  
Blogger Asian Princess said...

The pictures tell it all! LOL

March 31, 2006 6:49 PM  
Blogger Chlamydia said...

Great picts --wish there was one of Sprinkles' luggage out on the street though!

April 03, 2006 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker