Wednesday, April 12, 2006

April 7-9 Weekend on the Lake: Day Two

***Whoo-hoo! Gordon sent his pics from the April 7 Friday Floating Happy Hour for Babsie's birthday. Click here for pics.***

So Saturday morning I woke up quite early on the boat...with a headache. Guess I had a little too much wine and not enough dinner the night before. Decided I needed some fresh air, so I went to chill out on the netting. It was still pretty windy and cold, but the sun on my face felt amazing.

Those Keevers are coffee nuts, so they were busy making that nasty stuff in the cabin while I was recovering. Yeah, they actually keep a coffee maker on their boat! Man, I sooo needed a water or diet coke right about then, but all I had left was beer and I wasn't ready for that just yet. After about 30 minutes of chilling in the sun I started to feel better. We all hung out in Devil's Cove for a little while and then decided it was time to sail back to the marina. NOW it was time for some cold beer! Thought it might also help out with my headache...no such luck...but it was an absolutely gorgeous day and I wasn't ready to go home.

We stopped for a bite to eat at Mesa Rosa on the way home. It's a little Mexican restaurant 1 block from my elementary school. Ahh, the old neighborhood. On my way home I decided to drive through the neighborhood where I grew up. Drove by my old house, my piano teacher's home, the tennis courts where I used to watch my parents play in tournaments and the club where I went swimming every summer. Saw old friend's houses and wondered if their parents still lived there. It was a nice cruise down memory lane. The weird thing was seeing how the new owners of my old house had totally changed everything!

Once I got home I ended up crashing out for a few hours. I didn't get a whole lot of sleep out on the boat...woke up way too early, plus the little incident with the portable toilet... Had to rush to get ready for JUST LESLEY'S, err, I mean, SMELLS LIKE TEEN FANNY'S house warming party. It was so good to see my friend Amber again. I haven't seen her since she got married and had a little girl...who is now 14 months old. We hung out at Lesley's until about 11:30pm and then headed to the Ginger Man. We had STRAP-ON ELVIS with us, so he suggested we have late night snacks at his old Plucker's on Rio Grande. I'm sure they loved us showing up around 2:30am when they close at 3am! Oh well...we had Elvis with us so I guess it was ok.

I ended up crashing at Lesley's place since I didn't feel like driving across town at 3:30am. I also didn't bring my camera since it was still not working properly, so I am relying on others for pics.

See Gordon's [SPHINCTER BLINKER] Saturday night pics here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rafael said...

This is the end of me missing all the good parties, damnit.

April 12, 2006 2:46 PM  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

sorry to read about your headache

April 12, 2006 4:55 PM  
Blogger babyG said...

good times, I would say that I wish I had gone out after with you all but I had a good time that day and night with Sarah she is my bff ...lol

April 12, 2006 5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker