Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Mosquito Hash – June 17

3rd post today...I'm on a roll....

So on the morning of Saturday, June 17, I headed to Brenham to meet up with WET SPOT and ROLLIN’ NUTLESS. We then all piled into one car and drove to Katy for the Mosquito Hash’s 2nd Analversary Run. Lots of folks showed up…they had visitors from Austin, Brenham, San Antonio, Killeen, College Station and Houston. The gimme was a tie dyed pillow case. Very cute!

Well, being in Houston and all….it became hot and muggy very quickly. We took off onto trail about 10-12 minutes after DONUT HOLER left for his live lay. The 1st check was quite close and they had jello shots. Yum yum. While on trail later on, a large group of us lost trail for a while and we were totally lost…dripping in sweat. It was so bad that my sun block was running into my eyes causing them to burn. But with a sweaty tank top, there was nothing dry to wipe them with. Argh! At least we were in some shiggy to block the sun. We finally stumbled upon trail and made it to the 2nd beer check where I splashed water in my face…ahhh, refreshing. We were then sent on through neighborhoods and eventually ended up at DONUT and CRACK OF DAWN’S house, even though they had said over and over again that it wasn’t ending there.

I made a beeline for the food table first…was starving. Then found the kegerator and then it was time to hose off my legs and change clothes. During circle the Mosquito Hash announced who was in charge of what duty for the 2007 Texas Interhash, visitors were introduced, the Pooper Bowl award was given to the Runner-Up since the winner did not make an appearance and then some accusations were made. After circle we continued to party at DONUT’S house and were treated to 3 smoked briskets. Now, I have several friends who are grillin’ and smokin’ masters, but I must say that this was the absolute best brisket I have ever had in my entire life. Extremely tender, super-moist and very flavorful. Oh my god, I could not get enough of it! I ate and ate and ate and ate…….

WET SPOT soon gathered some of us in the garage and she put on the “Please Pass the Schnapps” song. But this time we passed around Jager.

After a few rounds of the Schnapps song, it was getting to be about that time, so we piled into ROLLIN’S car and headed back to Brenham to crash out.

Here are the pics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker