Monday, August 07, 2006

Finally Getting Semi-Serious

Ok, so 2 weeks ago I finally decided to get a little serious about starting to run again. I mean, I've got to get ready for Colorado and the 1/2 marathon in December...

I met up with some of my hasher buds who run around Town Lake every Thursday. Luckily, the temperature didn't hit 3 digits that day. It actually felt quite nice outside. We gathered under the bridge by Austin High around 6:30pm. The faster folks did the 7 mile loop and the slower group ran the 4.5 mile loop...and we all ended right about the same time. I still need to build up my endurance since I haven't done crap in ages, but I felt really great after finishing. HEAVIN' SEMEN and JUST BRIDGETT were such great motivators when I had to stop to walk to catch my breath. Hopefully I'll get better soon so they won't have to slow down so much for me!

I missed last weeks run due to my brother arriving into town, but I can't wait for this week. I even recruited 2 other folks to join us already! Last Friday I took my brother and his wife over to my pool. I decided to run on the treadmill while they got some sun and relaxed. Then the next morning I woke up at 8am [early for me on a Saturday!] and ran around my mom's neighborhood. I know that doesn't seem like a lot for some of you out there, but I've been a lazy ass for so long that it's been hard to get over that first hump of starting back with working out. And it doesn't help that I've gained weight!

P.S. Anyone else go out to the Muddy Buddy Race yesterday? Holy hell....beautifully toned and super-fit bods everywhere!!! Pics on that to come....but as you know, I am behind once again on blog posts, especially since I've been living at my mom's house while my brother and his fam are in town.

3 Comments:

Blogger brownie said...

Padre and I kicked ass at Muddy Buddy one year, even though we were horribly hungover. He even puked on the bike.

August 07, 2006 4:55 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Did the puke spray fall on the folks behind him? Ewwwww!

August 07, 2006 5:05 PM  
Blogger brownie said...

Who cares, he kept moving forward while hurling which is the important thing.

August 07, 2006 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker