Tuesday, November 20, 2007

To bike or to run....

Well, I was sort of challenged into riding my bike this week. It really needs to be dusted off and given some love, instead of leaning against a shelf in my garage with my camping gear piled on top of it. I actually planned on riding it around my neighborhood tonight (and I don't mean just inside my condos...I mean around the neighborhoods surrounding my condos).

Then I got 2 calls...from my dad and my step-mom....about the Turkey Trot. I thought they said they weren't doing it this year, so I never signed up. It's a family tradition that we run this every year...no matter what city we are in. One time we did the Dallas Turkey Trot, all others were in Austin. BUT, I haven't done a lick of exercise in ages until this past Sunday's 5.1 mile hash. I was huffing and puffing up the hills.

Soooo, I'm back on for the Turkey Trot this Thursday morning. I had just figured my lazy, out of shape arse would just go sit at the end and cheer on my friends while drinking a mimosa....or Brass Monkey...or whatever. Now my slow arse will be running it...err, jog/walking it.

Please don't drink all the alcohol before I cross the damn finish line! I swear, it's gonna take me about 75 minutes to do 5 miles. I am soooooooo slow. I know 5 miles is nothing to most of you, but that's a lot for me!

Looks like I need to hit the pavement after work. I'll have to wipe off the dust another day.

Found a couple of pics I had up at work from previous Turkey Trots....

Hashers at the 2005 run.

Family at the 2006 run.

6 Comments:

Blogger Outdoorgirl said...

You can do it!!!

November 20, 2007 5:50 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

The running shoes won out. Just got back from a quick 28 minute jog.

November 20, 2007 6:38 PM  
Blogger brownie said...

I may be taking that bike back to Colorado with me! Woohoo!

November 20, 2007 6:42 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Don't get too excited. I am counting on getting released early on weds and I plan on riding it then!

November 20, 2007 7:34 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

I say bike AND run!!!!

November 21, 2007 11:28 AM  
Blogger Gagger said...

I'm riding this afternoon. I'm outta work at noon, pick up some groceries on the way home and then the dust will be wiped off the old bike. :)

November 21, 2007 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker