Thursday, April 03, 2008

THA "Fun" Day

So last Friday we worked a half day and then all THA employees met downtown for a Duck Tour. My company is trying to get us jazzed up for our big move to our new building downtown next month. I grew up in Austin and have never been on one...it's more of a touristy thing. But hey, it got us out of the office! Turned out it was cool learning neat little facts about Austin and buildings downtown, etc. But I'm a dorkatron and love those kinds of tidbits. If you don't know what the Duck Tourmobile is then click here to see how it all began. It goes into Lake Austin on the trip around town. Pretty cool.
The really cool part of the day was going to Mandola's for lunch with my buddy at work. We had pizza and wine. I've never had alcohol during lunch on a work day, but it was supposed to be our "fun day," so we made it fun. :) It was all over by 3pm, so we got to go home early. Score! I needed a nap before Friday evening's events due to staying out way too late with the softball guys the night before.

1 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

I love Duck Tours. I have taken the Boston and Philadelphia. Always a good time.

April 03, 2008 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker