Thursday, May 01, 2008

Last night's concert

I wasn't really hyped about going to the concert last night, but it turned out to be pretty good. I just wish I had been in fun, party mode. I was still tired from being sick the night before. Oh well.

First up was Lupe Fiasco. I actually knew a couple of songs, to my surprise. They would've sounded tons better had the bass not been so crazy loud and thumping. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love bass, but this was so bad that you could barely hear the voices. Then some little white guy with a mohawk came out on stage to sing a few songs with Lupe. You'll recognize this one.

Then next up was N.E.R.D. I must say, I enjoyed them the most! I knew Pharrell was a bad ass and had collaborated with a ton of people, but damn, he knows how to make a concert fun and have a good time. Hey Brownie, here he is with Snoop. I am totally buying their album.

Then Rhiana took the stage. You know, that Umm-ba-rella song. Great voice, but I still liked N.E.R.D. better. My friend said she is dating Chris Brown, so she was hoping he'd show up and sing with her. Sorry Christine, he didn't make an appearance.

Then we had to wait a while for the stage to be all rearranged. Looked like a skateboard park for a little bit, except with holes here and there. Turns out those holes were for fire to shoot out of later....

Then, lights out. Kanye West finally took the stage. All by himself. His band was underneath the stage. He had some weird "my spaceship crash landed onto this planet" bit and he talked to his ship (which was some chicks voice). Whatever.

He looks like one mean ass, scary mutha fucka. But he sounded quite good. I don't really know many of his songs (except for my 2 year old niece's favorite one called Stronger and a couple other). But damn, the entire crowd did. They sang every word and swayed and jumped up and down the entire time. One funny part was when he was talking to this fake alien chick (recall, he wants all eyes on him) and said that he would behave at awards shows if she helped him get back home! Hee hee hee...

He ended the entire show with this song, which made everyone go crazy. But I still liked N.E.R.D. the most!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker