Friday, April 27, 2007

What? No John?!

On Weds, April 25 it was my friend Trevor's birthday. Cory Morrow was playing a free concert at Hill's Cafe. I used to have a group of friends who followed Cory around the state, going to many concerts...that was about 4 years ago. I've been out of my Texas Country phase for many years now, but it's growing on me again. We decided to all reunite and go to a show like old times. Wasn't quite the same because 3 of his band members have moved on to other things. I knew that his backup singer had left, but I didn't know his lead guitarist and steel guitar player had left. John Carroll was our favorite band member! We used to get to shows early and get right up in the front row....in front of John. It was so much fun to watch him play. Turns out he now plays lead guitar for Chris Cagle.

Here we are with John at a show in Houston before the Super Bowl.


Well, now that I'm older and all these young ass minors are going to his concerts, we decided to stay away from the stage. Of course, that could have had something to do with the fact that it was totally packed near the stage by the time we got down South. Anyway, it was fun seeing everyone again and laughing at the youngins.

Me with the birthday boy

Kevin & Crystal

Is that a dick in your boobs??

Why yes, Jay is the master at origami dick tricks!

Trevor with Hoyt, the drummer

Hiiiii Jayyyyyyy.

Is that the guy from Poodie Fest?!

3 Comments:

Blogger -tunnel said...

Love the last pic! Reminds me of a guy here in Bahrain who has a big black mustache that sticks out from his face nearly 2 feet on each side! We seem to see him everywhere. Love people like that. Hope the show was good!

April 27, 2007 10:06 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

John Carroll rocks! I miss him : (

May 03, 2007 2:49 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

I know. The concert wasn't quite the same w/o him. :(

May 03, 2007 3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker