Monday, August 27, 2007

Protest

Ok, so trying to catch up before my vacation.....

Two Fridays ago I went to Chon Som's Anniversary Dinner. Stayed out partying much later than I planned and only got 4 1/2 hours of sleep. Rolled out of bed at 5am to get down South since I was volunteering at the Protest Duathlon. Damn, that alarm clock went off too early.

Got down to the starting point at 6am. It was still quite dark out. Didn't have quite the rush of folks until about 7am. Race began at 7:34 am.



After the race and the awards, a group of us went for lunch and drinks at Maudie's.

Wiley even wore his cape that he won from the race. Pretty funny. After drinks, brunch and more drinks we closed the tab and said we were leaving. Only to order another round. I would've stayed for more after that if I wasn't the host of NBC that evening. I still had to get home to walk the dogs, get to the grocery store, cook a casserole, shower and get the rest of the snacks prepped....and I only had about 3 hours. Did I mention that I needed a nap too? I ended up crashing on the couch after walking the dogs and only had 45 minutes for the grocery store, shower and casserole baking! Oh well. Everything worked out....eventually.

The last 3 drinkers.

You can see all of the pics here.

Oh yeah. Panther gave the volunteers a cool Brooks hat and an AD shirt. Then, they wouldn't let me pay for lunch. Hellooooo! I told them I was hoping to get more inspired to work out just by being around all of those fit ADers. I've been so-so on working out lately, but want to do more. So it was a win-win situation. Carol and I have been meeting now 3 times a week since we aren't doing a boot camp this month. It's our own Team O Camp. :)

After I finally got to bed on Saturday night, I couldn't sleep in Sunday morning. Breakfast at with relatives in town. What a fun, but busy weekend!

4 Comments:

Blogger brownie said...

You should sign up for the Rogue-Sunmart group!

August 28, 2007 8:53 AM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Seriously? You can't be serious.

August 28, 2007 8:56 AM  
Blogger brownie said...

They have a 25K at Sunmart.

August 28, 2007 10:06 AM  
Blogger Gagger said...

I'm trying to talk Carol into doing the Austin Half right now.

August 28, 2007 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker