Tuesday, October 30, 2007

What A First SA Hash!

I took my first road trip in the new car one week early. Decided to head down to San Antonio's Halloween pub crawl. Went straight from work on Friday. Wow. I guess I thought I was back in college because things got a little out of hand. Stopped at a Wendy's right by the start to use their bathroom to change into my costume and on on to the festivities. I pulled up to find only 3 people there and no alcohol, so I cruised over to a gas station for a Brass Monkey setup. Soon after, more and more folks started arriving. I must also mention that when I first saw Brownie, I thought he had either gotten a black eye or was wearing eye makeup. He claims that he had to wear camouflage paint all over his face that day for training....hmmm.

Felt a little out of place at first cause I only knew 3 hashers...and two of them I barely know...but I soon met fun peeps and then recognized a couple of people I had met at Texas Interhash. Got a few drinks in me and I was much more talkative!
The first bar was a dive...even had video surveillance of the parking lot (which Brownie decided to moon). They also gave us some lemonade tasting shot, plus I had 2 beers.


On On to Bar #2...where there was karaoke going on. Decided to get things going by doing a Jager Bomb first, then 2 beers.
One SA hasher sang a Patsy Cline song....gorgeous voice. I just can't remember her name. Was it Schnazberry?

Then this regular named Zene sang and was amusing.

He saw me take a picture of him (for the phrase on his shirt)....so he came over after the song to say hello. This gave Wanker an idea for Tex-Mex....he thinks everyone should wear a Nascar cap. He even called Nuthin' But Net right there on the spot and was told NO!
Then Zene told us about the next guy up and how he can make the noise of a harmonica with his hands and mouth and no instrument. Well, sort of. On out.

The next stop (if I remember correctly) was the backyard of someone's apartment where they had syringe jello shots. Dee-lish! Did 3 of them and I think took a couple for the road. That must have been my downfall....


The next bar was Scandal's. This is where we got "Meat's Mom" to take a picture while sitting on Brownie's lap in the men's bathroom. You can't really tell from the picture except for the fact that Wanker is holding up a plunger. Her name is Midnite Stroker, just like Meatgazer's mom, so we kept calling her Meat's Mom all night! She was really cool. Hope that didn't bother her too much.

I have no idea what I drank at this bar, but I think it was just beer. I just know that I had a blast. :)

After this bar it was time for circle. I remember parts of that. Kit Kat's husband kept cracking me up with his funny stances in his tiny running shorts. Then on to the Bermuda Triangle...a lesbian bar. This is where the costume contest was held. I have no idea how long we were here. I only recall the contest. There is a picture of me "napping" underneath the gigantic blow up Halloween cat out front. Who knows how long I was "resting." Thank goodness my friends found me and took me home (and not the cops who could've given me a PI)!

Oh yeah...the ride home. All I know about that is I had to yack. Dead Lay quickly pulled over and I leaned over GG's lap to puke outside the door. Lovely impression I made on my very first SA hash! We went back to Microsoft Dick's house...which is huge by the way. It seemed like room after room after room. No wonder they always crash at his place because there is always a bed for everyone! I tried to stay up a little while chatting with everyone, but didn't last too long. MD helped me find a bedroom and he put me to bed and even left me a bottle of water. So nice.

The next morning I woke up and heard the word "bacon." I raced out of bed to get me a piece. I actually felt ok, just a little tired. Wonder what time I went to sleep? If I had taken any pics at MD's house then I could've looked at the time stamp to help figure that out, but no such luck. Later that day I started to feel horrible. You know when you get really cold shivers and then get really hot? That's when I know I have to throw up. Yep...I christened Brownie's toilet. Thank goodness he didn't come take a picture of it! Again, two more times later, plus some false alarms. Not a good day at all. Luckily, I always seemed to have to yack again when he left the room to check on his laundry. That worked out nicely!

Trying to drive back to Austin was awful. I had no energy and my arms were kind of shaking and feeling a little numb. Very bizarre. I called Brownie to say I didn't think I could make it all the way back...I just wanted to turn around and go sleep at his place while he was in Austin for the night. Then I could hash in SA the next day and return home Sunday night. But then realized I couldn't get back on base without a military ID. CRAP. So I forced myself to eat the Viactiv vitamin he had given me on the way out the door. I swear, that actually helped me. I started to feel better and wasn't shaking anymore. I am totally stocking up on those things for hash weekends. They really rocked! Managed to drive home feeling better and even ate my Whataburger chicken sandwich that I had ordered hours earlier. (Don't worry, it went in the fridge as soon as I realized I couldn't eat it that morning.)

I missed out on 2 Halloween parties in Austin because of my actions on Friday. Went to bed at 9:45pm Saturday night! Man, I REALLY need to be more careful next time I drink. At least I lost a couple of pounds since I couldn't eat much on Saturday or Sunday...or even Monday. I've been eating half a sandwich and getting full. That sucks, because I like to eat and all, but I guess it's a good thing since I haven't been running AT ALL!

For more pictures and stories, click here.

9 Comments:

Blogger Outdoorgirl said...

Looked like a good time!

October 30, 2007 11:00 AM  
Blogger Gagger said...

It was! Well, at least the parts I remember.

October 30, 2007 11:03 AM  
Blogger Lyle said...

Assgagger for DOTA! You go girl! You were probably at least .15 driving back.

October 30, 2007 11:42 AM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

I can't see all the pics! :(

October 30, 2007 9:23 PM  
Blogger brownie said...

good times!

October 30, 2007 10:22 PM  
Blogger Jerri said...

YAY!!! Finally another female DOTA candidate! Ya did me proud!

October 30, 2007 10:27 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

"The next morning I woke up and heard the word "bacon." I raced out of bed to get me a piece."

This is why you are my favorite hasher. Priceless.

October 30, 2007 11:19 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Not sure what happened to some of the pics. They were originally all there!

Aww, my sweet Netty Poo!

October 31, 2007 9:51 AM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Ok, I fixed all the pics!!!

October 31, 2007 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker